PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for the web

Welcome to the web version of PowerPoint's feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “Help Improve Office” in the bottom right corner of your web browser, then “I don’t like something” within the PowerPoint window. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. atomatic slide numbering

we should have slide numbers coming automatically

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Custom Theme Variant Colours

I want to be able to define my own custom theme variant colours based on my company palette.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. PowerPoint バージョン 2002 にてテキストボックスをグループ化したファイルを作成し、Teams で共有し、ブラウザーで開いた場合にグループ化が無効になる

Microsoft365 の PowerPoint バージョン 2002 のデスクトップ アプリにて、テキストボックスをグループ化したファイルを作成し、Teams のデスクトップ アプリで共有し、Teams からブラウザーで開いた場合にグループ化が無効になります。これは期待される動作とは異なるため、機能の改善を要望いたします。

UserVoice では、投稿された記事に Vote (投票) やコメントを行うことで賛同することが可能であり、多くのお声が集まることで、実装にいたった機能が多数存在しております。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable to easily add custom colors (on top of theme and standard colors)

I read on the internet there is a possibility to add custom colors by adding color information in the theme xml file.

Since this is quite complicated and not at all straight forward for everybody, it would be great if you could just add custom colors the way you change the theme colors. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give the owner ability to kick an editor out.

Add a button in the review section which can kick editors out of the presentation if they are ruining or vandalising or adding inappropriate content to the owner's presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give the owner ability to kick an editor out.

Add a button in the review section which can kick editors out of the presentation if they are ruining or vandalising or adding inappropriate content to the owner's presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow for Hiding the Audio Icon on the WEB version.

Put the Hide Audio Icon option into the WEB version. Just as it is in all the desktop versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Insert video from files

My 11 year old had a Chromebook for her school work. She uses powerpoint ot make presentations. Powerpoint will not allow her to insert videos unless they are in an online platform. I will not allow her to upload her videos to those platforms. Is there a workaround or are her presentations going to simply lack video until we buy her an actual computer? Day 6 with the chromebook.... not very impressive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Customize Survey for PowerPoint Live

It would be great to be able to customize the feedback questions that are asked at the end of a PowerPoint Live. This would allow individuals-- especially teachers-- to get more targeted feedback and data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PPT OneDrive

Please make it so that you can easily copy/paste or drag/drop slides from multiple decks in OneDrive. This is one of the biggest drawbacks of using this online tool. It's too time-consuming to have to download and save then copy/paste, and then upload back to OneDrive so group editing can happen. And in the process, shared users can make edits in the wrong slide version which defeats the purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. presentations that are linked should be opened in presentation mode

The existing behaviour is to open the linked presentation in edit mode which is inconsistent with the desktop behaviour and very inconvenient in the middle of a presentation. I would like to see Links opened in the same made they are launched from. ie if I am in presentation mode and I click a link to an other presentation it too should be in presentation mode. This is the current desktop behaviour

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How do I publish on web?

I am needing help publishing my powerpoint to my webpage. My save as options does not give me the single page webpage or webpage options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow us to insert videos from our computer files

Allow us to insert videos that we have saved on our computers/devices. Sometimes we don't have an online link to the video because it is a family video or something of that sort that we'd like to include in the presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Become more competitive with Google Slides

I've worked with PPT in the classroom for 20 years and am trying to create lessons for teachers to sell on Teachers Pay Teachers. If you go out to Teachers Pay Teachers, you'll notice that everything is Google Slides :( Therefore, I learned Google Slides just so I could compare and create things that are better in PPT web version to show teachers Microsoft is better. Unfortunately, there are things that have to improve for me to do this:

1) When I Insert a shape like a rectangle, a small box appears in the center of a slide as opposed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Office.com PowerPoint App for online has some flaws that should be addressed to make the app more user friendly.

PowerPoint Online App should have the following issues fixed.
    Insert Link option only allows for websites addresses or if you copy link from previous slide, it opens the link on another browser tab instead of the same presentation tab.
    Animations doesn't let you edit the effect options to change mouse click option and change to with previous or after previous options.

I am having to use google slides to do these two features instead. I know the actual app on computers has the features but due to online learning, students aren't able to download the app to use so we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)