PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for the web

Welcome to the web version of PowerPoint's feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “Help Improve Office” in the bottom right corner of your web browser, then “I don’t like something” within the PowerPoint window. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Word Count

Please bring back word count online. It is so much easier then having to copy and paste your text into a word counter website.

208 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adjustable pen thickness in presentation mode is required, specially when pen tool is using.

Adjustable pen thickness in presentation mode is required, specially when pen tool is using. The pointer of pen tool thickness is small, students are not able recognize easily movement of the pointer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. You need to add insert audio to powerpoint for the web! This would be so helpful for distance learning with 2nd graders!!!!!!!

This is crucial for my 2nd graders to be able to complete their work independently. Often they can't read my complete instructions, so an audio recording would solve that problem, PLUS it is way more like "normal" school and less robotic.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to add custom set of icons to Power point library.

Many times we need to use icons that is not available in the standard powerpoint icon library. We can copy paste each single icon from some where to powerpoint but there should be an easy way to to add these icons all together at once to online library or manage them at local library.
    For e.g. If I am developing a presentation on the Azure, Azure icons are not available in the standard icon set. Currently I need to copy icon by icon from web or some other source to power point to use them. If I have a way…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adjustable pen thickness in presentation mode

Adjustable pen thickness in presentation mode: we need to make it bigger. I Use UHD 3840X2160. In presentation mode NOBODY can see the pen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PUT ZOOM IN ONLINE POWERPOINTS(MICROSOFT TEAMS) PLEASE DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUT ZOOM IN ONLINE POWERPOINTS(MICROSOFT TEAMS) PLEASE DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PLS ENABLE SLIDE ZOOM FEATURE IN POWERPOINT ONLINE EVEN IF IT HAS TO BE IN PREMIUM T_T

Enable slide zoom feature in PowerPoint online even though it has to be available in premium only. I think it will invite more users to buy the monthly promo premium subscription of office 365 since not many users can afford to buy the 1 yr subscription of office or Microsoft 365 product & license key (installer) . I am one of them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. microsoft equation avaible in offline version is not available in office online. this makes typing equations, very difficult

one of the thing, which makes microsoft office , whether it is offline or online is that it is not user friendly when it comes to typing equations in office or powerpoint.. many people switch to latex because it is easy in that. i know that in office , there is microsoft equation, but i find this not user friendly. although it is best in creating a document, scientific documents often needs equations. students , teachers or researchers will find it very difficult to insert equtions into a document. if there are shortcuts to get these things, it will increase…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Picture transparency

you should put a color changer for the picture so people can change the color and opacity

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please allow centimers (cm) as the measurement unit for slide & object sizes

Having only inches as the measurement unit for slide & object sizes has a huge impact on the workflow of users in all areas of the world using the metric system. Having to use a conversion tool from inches to cm is a show-stopper and will impact adoption of PowerPoint Online as a "on the go" tool for editing and creating basic content.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide critiques for inappropriate language

I am a student (A kid not a teen or anything)
    People are cussing and I find that unnecessary. It can also be offensive. Please consider my idea for blocking or auto-correcting(no matter what they try to do to cuss) FOR STUDENTS/KIDS.

Thank you for considering this and if not liking my idea then reading this :D

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. presentation live

To enhance experience of presentation live by adding standard quizzes, word cloud like Kahoot & ahaslide. this will enable better engagement between presenter & participant in during the presentation. the data collect can also be downloaded into Excel for future reference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share a file on web version that opens in presenter view!

Share a file on web version that opens in presenter view! Why on earth is this not possible???

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. slide master for powerpoint online

so when people can't afford to buy Microsoft keys they use PowerPoint online and if they needed slide master they can use it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base