PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the web version of PowerPoint's feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “Help Improve Office” in the bottom right corner of your web browser, then “I don’t like something” within the PowerPoint window. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Support for Additional Transition Types in Embed View (e.g. Page Curl)

I'm specifically noticing that the page curl transition is unavailable when embedding a ppsx file.

But I'm assuming that there are multiple transition types that are unsupported when viewing the file as an embed. It would be preferable to support as many transitions as possible when embedding a file.

And for any transitions that will not be supported in embed view, provide documentation listing the affected transitions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase Pen Size in Powerpoint Slideshow

For god sake just give an option to adjust the pen size in the slideshow it's so irritating that while teaching I can't Change pen size

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. add reuse slides feature to Ppt online

Reuse Slides is very handy in desktop. Most of our devices are (unfortunately) Chromebooks so we need features in Online version.
    Just discovered Pear Deck add-on, which only works w/ online PPT, but to add their interactive slides, you have to download their PPT templates and copy/paste then reopen online to use them. (Their Google Slides Add-on works exactly like PPT reuse Slides, so teachers are using that instead since it's easier.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Function to add a table of contents for slides in PowerPoint Online

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    PowerPoint Online にて、スライドの目次をつける機能の実装希望
    Function to add a table of contents for slides in PowerPoint Online

■Description(内容):
    クライアントアプリケーションではアウトライン表示やハイパーリンクを用いて、目次から指定したスライドへリンクすることが可能です。
    しかしながら、PowerPoint Online ではアウトライン表示機能がなく、またハイパーリンクもドキュメント内を指定することができません。
    また、目次の文言を変更した際に、リンクするスライド タイトルも変更されるよう、機能の拡充を希望します。

In the desktop client, it is possible to create a table of contents that links to the specified slides using an outline display and hyperlinks.
    However, in PowerPoint Online, there is no outline display function, and it is not possible to use hyperlinks to refer to places within the document.
    Also, please make it possible to make the titles of linked slides change when the text in the table of contents is edited.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add a button that allows me to send an individual slide to someone

Instead of having to send entire slide decks or cutting down decks to just send a slide or a couple of slides add the capability to send just a single slide to someone as an attachment.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Morph in Animation Effects

Morph is a great addition to PowerPoint but it is only available as transition and cannot be used together with animation. If it is available as animation effect you can use it with timings together with other animations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add "Always use subtitles" option AGAIN in slide show.

It will be very helpful for students like me if we can live translate something.
    I liked this feature very much and really appreciate Microsoft for this work. But now it seems like that option is gone. So it is a humble request to microsoft if they can add this option again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Custom Slide Show

The options of inserting an audio clip and doing a custom slide show with timings are not available on ppt web.Kindly enable these options for a better experience of the users.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Editor suggests positive words and phrases

My Idea is to reminding everyone to write positive words to make everyone's day it was like " don't worry, be happy!!

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adjustable pen thickness in presentation mode is required, specially when pen tool is using.

Adjustable pen thickness in presentation mode is required, specially when pen tool is using. The pointer of pen tool thickness is small, students are not able recognize easily movement of the pointer.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is no new idea just add insert /embed Video option PowerPoint

The unbelievable school year, and then to finally get students with Chromebooks to be able to use the Office 365 PowerPoint Presentation instead of Google Slides was very disappointing and frustrating because of the lack of tools options on the web version verse the great list of option on thedesk app. I will be transition full-time to teaching Google Suite instead of Microsoft which I pride myself in empowering students for the last 4 year. Very disappointed that there is not an option to embed videos outside the limited list youtube etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. slide master for powerpoint online

so when people can't afford to buy Microsoft keys they use PowerPoint online and if they needed slide master they can use it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Slide Master to Online PowerPoint

Add Slide Master to Online PowerPoint

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. From sharepoint, embedding a powerpoint on a LMS with audio play

Currently the PowerPoints have animations and audio but audio does not play in Sharepoint or OneDrive, or when using embed code into LMS. Audio is a big part of our 'accessibility' drive alongside immersive reader, so would really like this enabled in Powerpoint/Sharepoint/Onedrive.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. we should have the abilaty to add our voice into the web version of powerpoint

if we could record our voice and put it into a slide this would be awesome for the people who can only use the web version of powerpoint

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Power point font type source and destiny replacement preference

Future featuring the option to include destiny font type preference replacement into maybe optimum ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Power point search slide header find and slide delete

Future featuring the option to search, find header slide and delete power point slide found maybe optimum ideal, in addition to conventionally search and replace function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PowerPoint 2019 --- To set up Slide Show that is not full screen --- Slide Show [tab] => Set Up Slide Show [icon] => Browsed by an individua

PowerPoint 2019 --- To set up Slide Show that is not full screen --- Slide Show [tab] => Set Up Slide Show [icon] => Browsed by an individual (window) [radio button].

This works. However, the program name is on top bar, and display settings are on the bottom bar.

It is important for Zoom meetings.

How do I remove the top and bottom bars?

I received a phone call from Microsoft support. 

I was told that this feature is available for Office 365 ($70) - Office Home and Student ($150) - Office Home and Business ($130).

This feature is NOT
    11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide the ability to access and edit 'Slide Master' in PowerPoint online

I work in a school district and have been provided a Chromebook, therefore, I am only able to utilize the online version through office 365. It is frustrating to not have the ability to edit the master slides when creating assignments for students.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base