PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for the web

Welcome to the web version of PowerPoint's feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “Help Improve Office” in the bottom right corner of your web browser, then “I don’t like something” within the PowerPoint window. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Allow for Hiding the Audio Icon on the WEB version.

Put the Hide Audio Icon option into the WEB version. Just as it is in all the desktop versions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide the ability to access and edit 'Slide Master' in PowerPoint online

I work in a school district and have been provided a Chromebook, therefore, I am only able to utilize the online version through office 365. It is frustrating to not have the ability to edit the master slides when creating assignments for students.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adjustable pen thickness in presentation mode

Adjustable pen thickness in presentation mode: we need to make it bigger. I Use UHD 3840X2160. In presentation mode NOBODY can see the pen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Insert video from files

My 11 year old had a Chromebook for her school work. She uses powerpoint ot make presentations. Powerpoint will not allow her to insert videos unless they are in an online platform. I will not allow her to upload her videos to those platforms. Is there a workaround or are her presentations going to simply lack video until we buy her an actual computer? Day 6 with the chromebook.... not very impressive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customize Survey for PowerPoint Live

It would be great to be able to customize the feedback questions that are asked at the end of a PowerPoint Live. This would allow individuals-- especially teachers-- to get more targeted feedback and data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. allow users to have a version of slide master :)

This would be a version similar to the in app version however maybe something about adding custom designer suggestions could be added as the designer and slide master integrate with each other really well and this is definately a feature that should be kept strong.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Slide Master to Online PowerPoint

Add Slide Master to Online PowerPoint

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. PPT OneDrive

Please make it so that you can easily copy/paste or drag/drop slides from multiple decks in OneDrive. This is one of the biggest drawbacks of using this online tool. It's too time-consuming to have to download and save then copy/paste, and then upload back to OneDrive so group editing can happen. And in the process, shared users can make edits in the wrong slide version which defeats the purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. presentations that are linked should be opened in presentation mode

The existing behaviour is to open the linked presentation in edit mode which is inconsistent with the desktop behaviour and very inconvenient in the middle of a presentation. I would like to see Links opened in the same made they are launched from. ie if I am in presentation mode and I click a link to an other presentation it too should be in presentation mode. This is the current desktop behaviour

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to add custom set of icons to Power point library.

Many times we need to use icons that is not available in the standard powerpoint icon library. We can copy paste each single icon from some where to powerpoint but there should be an easy way to to add these icons all together at once to online library or manage them at local library.
    For e.g. If I am developing a presentation on the Azure, Azure icons are not available in the standard icon set. Currently I need to copy icon by icon from web or some other source to power point to use them. If I have a way…

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rename "master" slides

As we continue to reckon with the history of human slavery and white supremacy, many companies are revisiting their nomenclature when it comes to use of the term "master." For example, GitHub is moving from "master" to "main" for primary repository branches. Tech companies are swapping the problematic "master/slave" dynamic for databases and other forms of connected systems in favor of the more inclusive "leader/follower" or similar.

"Master Pages" should really be renamed too. Perhaps becoming something more clear, like "template pages" or similar that actually belies their function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How do I publish on web?

I am needing help publishing my powerpoint to my webpage. My save as options does not give me the single page webpage or webpage options.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow us to insert videos from our computer files

Allow us to insert videos that we have saved on our computers/devices. Sometimes we don't have an online link to the video because it is a family video or something of that sort that we'd like to include in the presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How can add template in power point or how we can improve power point for web?

With mouse cursor click around the earth this format is planned, E-business on (https://mudreview.com/) you'll explain through web. You can likewise utilize it for business or PC testing. You can likewise utilize economically. Unapproved conveyance is disallowed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. "Find and replace" function is missing in the web version. This was very useful thing in the desktop app and it saves a lot of time.

"Find and replace" function is missing in the web version. This was very useful thing in the desktop app and it saves a lot of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base