How can we improve PowerPoint Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Support subscript or superscript text

Add being able to format text to subscript or superscript

227 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jason shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

88 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a Chromebook, meaning I can't get desktop Microsoft, I cannot do presentations without subscript and superscript. If I copy and paste it, it looks messy. How can I be a professional and not have one, disappointed they haven't got this to be honest.

• Julixpingui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Superscript and subscript is super important! Why can I use them in Word online but not in Powerpoint??

I feel embarrassed for the poor Microsoft employee who had to write the following text in the Help documentation:

"Superscript and subscript formatting aren't available in PowerPoint Online. You'll need a desktop version of PowerPoint to add superscript or subscript."

• Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this a joke? Why is this not implemented as part of the program?

• Chen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WHY IS THIS EVEN A VOTE?
    WHO WOULD VOTE NO...? THIS IS INSANE. YOU ARE MICROSOFT.

this is ridiculous...

Please add this as a feature. There are multiple other online slide presentation software programs that do this.

Why was this not included at first? I don't know much about programming, but this seems lazy. You want to market Microsoft Office as a professional tool? Consider the professionals who will need to use the online versions.

• Mel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as a science teacher we use subscript and superscript routinely in chemical equations.

• Leigh E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I decided to use google drive instead of one drive because of this omission. If you want to keep people using your product, you should make it user friendly.

I teach a chemistry course and my students share their presentations with me via PowerPoint Online. Subscripts are necessary to write out chemical formulas. This is a necessity

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base