How can we improve PowerPoint Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Improve Spell Check

148 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ALI shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kurt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make it to where is shows recommendations under what you are typing
    and add a box for it [SPELL CHECK]

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1.Sometimes when we use PowerPoints we don't look at simple things.
    2. In some PowerPoints, I can notice that they write all the writing in capital words and that's wrong and unacceptable.
    3. Powerpoints should include right punctuation so kids get used to right and specific things in writing.
    4. To use wow words so children can know new and better and helpful words that they can use in a feature.
    5. You should include the right spelling in a Powerpoint so children don't write wrong and incorrect a none words.

• Daniel E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Ryan Gao [MSFT]: Any news about that? I have seen tools providing this functionality, but it would be so easy for MSFT to add this feature to PPT.

• Yuxiang [MSFT] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Kate,

If you're already in the PPT Online edit view, take a look at the left-bottom corner, click language setting option, there you could turn the "check spelling" function on or off.

Please let us know if this works for you, thank you:)

PowerPoint Online PM Team

• Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't find the spell check.
    Where is it? Is it automatic? - If so, it's not working

• Ji Zhang MSFT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the feedback! File-level proofing setting is not supported yet in PPT online. We will give it a priority.

• Ryan Gao [MSFT] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for providing this feedback, Ali

We are aware of the needs regarding better spell check and have backlog items to track the work.

Please keep on letting us know how we can improve the PowerPoint Online experience for you.

- PowerPoint Online Product Team

• Daniel E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ryan, thanks for your answer.

But you point to the crucial thing: it is NOT a user setting, it is a PER FILE setting. Imagine a German company: you have German slide decks, you have English slide decks based on a German template and so on.

What I need is to set the proofing language for a specific file, could be German, English, French ... with one click. Currently I am selecting all items (CTRL+A) and set the proofing language for each slide. Slide by slide ...

Daniel

• Ryan Gao [MSFT] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Daniel, thanks for providing the feedback. Have you considered changing the language settings in your user account settings (for both PPT Online and Desktop situations) so that it could affect the default proofing language for all your decks? Would that meet your needs on this matter? Please kindly let us know. Thanks! - Ryan [MSFT]

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base