How can we improve PowerPoint Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Allow pictures larger than 6MB

why restrict size? I like the integration of cloud sharing through office, why limit the size of files i can upload or put on a presentation for work, or a class? Why stop at 6? why not make it unlimited? Let us use the software to its maximum potential! More content over 6MB allowed!

28 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Richard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Felipe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Online PowerPoint has a 6 MB limit on images. For medical school level anatomy, we are using 4K images of dissections. There needs to be a way to compress images as they are imported.

• Corbin Jesse Rupelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This suggestion was very vibrant and your emotion on the topic nearly jumped off the page as I was reading! You said it in a way that restricted argument against the question and prompted answers on the matter. You said it in an emboldened fashion that usually comments are without due to being lifeless, spaces and punctuation with words lazily typed in between! People need to include emotion in the things they type, and ones without seem of lesser demand with an insensitive taint to it, and you've mastered it. This one made me instantly agree with you and your point on the matter. So, this one should at least be looked at by admin, since it presents a blatant point that many people seem to follow! And, I'm sure they will, since this admin seems to be less robotic and more attentive than other admins...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For larger images, it would be great to have the option to compress before insertion.

When someone tries to insert a picture that's too large, automatically drop the resolution to fit

if the picture is for some reason not able to fit onto the screen (6MB) then there should be a crop feature where you can make the picture a little smaller so that it can fit. This works for other pictures that are regular size too, because maybe there is a blank portion that you don't need (that's blocking your text) which you could then take out.

Feedback and Knowledge Base