How can we improve PowerPoint Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Save from online PowerPoint to computer

My suggestion is very simple; when using PowerPoint online, the end user should be able to save the .PPT file directly to their respective desktop (hard drive).

At this juncture, there is no visible pull-down allowing me to save the on-line developed PowerPoint directly to my computer.

Fun Fact:
PowerPoint was released in 1990 (27 years ago). It's challenging to grasp why Microsoft hasn’t inherently added this feature to the online version. Understandably, if there is a financial issue with this request then at the very least, add a button that states, “To save a local copy, upgrade your subscription…”
Let’s go Micro!

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Franz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminPowerPoint Product Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, thanks for your suggestion. While PowerPoint online does not let you edit against files stored on your computer directly it does allow you to download as a PPTX file and other formats by clicking on File..Download As.

Let me know if this helps or if I misunderstood your suggestion.

Feedback and Knowledge Base