How can we improve PowerPoint Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Create a "Share as Slideshow" link option (without full HTML of embed code)

With the recent change to open share links in Edit mode, if you want to send to a recipient to just play a slideshow, the recipient must then click to play the deck after opening it.

In many cases, we want to the recipient to jump right into the slideshow mode.

Embed code is similar, but comes with the additional HTML for the iFrame. If we just want to send the link via Teams, Skype or email, this is overkill.

We'd like the Share option in PowerPoint to have an option to "open as slideshow" or "share as slideshow," so recipients can click to automatically view in slideshow mode.

178 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be an option in SharePoint where a PowerPoint Show can be saved to a document center and then opened as a show when selected rather than opening PowerPoint then selecting show. This is very cumbersome when you have customers wanting to look at it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a vital feature for using PPT as a media on SP / One drive basis going forward - since we use it in our onboarding / Training academy.

Should be like google slides option: "Publish to web" in order to share a presentation for viewers only. They shouldn't be able to get into edit mode. Think you need both:

Share: common editing
    publish: like pps file or lets say better: only share a presentation mode

I'm surprised that the option to launch as a slideshow has been eliminated. When I am sharing my presentation, the goal is for them to experience the show seamlessly. It is very horsey to have them launch the show – or not – as the case may be.

Hopefully MS will look at this. I'm keen to publish a monthly report (sort of Quasi BI) that is PPSX based but includes buttons (hyperlinks to other pages within the file) to assist users to navigate.

• Annette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the Moment I use the pdf of the presentation for our colleagues, because we need to click on a link to a "Forms"-poll after watching the presentation.

• Tom Tallent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users (teams) to send out shared links of ppsx slideshows from OneDrive For Business ore Sharepoint that open as slideshows (in browsers).

• Wim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is workaround to share the "slideshow" instead of the presentation. In OneDrive select the dot's. Then select the option "Preview". This will open a slideshow instead of the presentation. Copy the link and share it instead. There is even a notification, about the 'new' PowwerPoint Viewer.

It's not easy, you can't use the "new" share menu's, because you have no control over the link, but it works.

Hopefully we will see an option or better, sharing a PPSX will open the presentation in the Viewer as intended.

• alex naylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PowerPoint Online should have an option to automatically open a presentation in slide-show mode (like .ppsm format in PowerPoint (desktop))

• Ian Hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you view a PPSX file, you still have to manually select "Start Slide Show". Can you provide a way that will automatically start the slide show. An extra parameter in the URL for example

Feedback and Knowledge Base