How can we improve PowerPoint Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Slide Sorter Viview

Please add slide sorter view to Office 365. I use this feature every time I'm working on a presentation.

30 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to access "Slide Sorter" view within PowerPoint Online.

(Reasonably common that I'll find a PPT deck as a search result. Clicking on that deck opens a view in PowerPoint Online, and slide sorter would help me figure out whether the deck is actually useful - without resorting to "Open in PowerPoint")

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allows me from to scroll to the (group) of slides I want to work with.
        --> Quicker accessing / less paging
        --> Better overview

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work on slides in "normal" mode, switch to "slide sorter" mode to check how a slide fits in the flow of the presentation, back to "normal" mode to make changes, back to "slide sorter", etc. - wouldn't it be convenient if slides could be manipulated and worked on while in "slide sorter" mode? Changes affecting several slides could be easily incorporated, individual slides changed, switched, etc.

• yoan maisonneuve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like in a book. Where table of content has chapter and sub-chapter. Add axes so powerPoint could be view in 2D. This would make it possible, to make navigation easier. Also, scrolling can me be awfull. It would be more simple to build the sub-part without having a long mess of presentation in strait line.

online there are only two views to pick from...either one slide to work on with the next few showing down the side or the slideshow view. I miss the view of all slides so I can quickly go down all slides to the one I want. If you have 100+ slides in a show, it takes too much time to scroll down the slides on the left side to get to the one you want.

its difficult to organize large presentations via the slider bar. There are 100+ slides in a deck its not easy to drag and drop with the slider to rearrange. I tried adding the desktop link to edit offline but it didnt work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base