How can we improve PowerPoint Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Make it so GIF files can play.

It would be good if GIF files can play in online presentations.

306 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Don shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feature request! We are excited to announce that animated gif files can now playback in slide show in PowerPoint Online!

To give it a try, you may add your animated gif file to a presentation via “Insert → Picture”, and then present your slide via “View → From Current Slide” (or, “From Beginning”, if you prefer). The animated gif should play in your presentation now!

Enjoy, and please keep voting on the features in your wish list :)

Thanks!
PowerPoint Team

68 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be great because a lot of schools use powerpoint online to quickly startup presentations

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hoje em dia diversos trabalhos de faculdades e empresas são interessantes inserir o gif online (mesmo sem internet). Ajudaria muito vocês agregarem esse tipo de ferramenta.

• Ethan Thanh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The upload photo button allows you to insert .gif files into PowerPoint Online, but the animated .gif files obviously do not work in the edit mode, but also do not work in presentation mode.

• Richard Roche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK I made a PP presentation with animations (I made 1 slide with all animations, I made multiple slide with a different animation on each). I saved all as a gif. Then I used gifmaker.me and the animations I used in PP such as the entry and ending do not work. There has to be a way on my mac to do this. Using Powerpoint for Mac 14 on IMac Yosemite 10.10.5

My saved GIF files created through Powerpoint do not animate in any program I have attempted to use to test operation to include all Windows web browsers (Chrome, Firefox & MS Edge), Windows File Explorer, and 3rd party apps GIF viewers. Only Powerpoint allows the file to play as designed...I have combed through Youtube without locating a solution.

GIFs not playing for me on online PowerPoint presentation - Chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Lea E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for finally adding this feature that was REALLY important !!
    Thanks again really!!!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can play music online on html in html code without slow loading speeds on mobile phones.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base