How can we improve PowerPoint Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Ink to Text not working properly in PowerPoint 2016

"Convert your Ink" button is not showing up when using Ink to text in Microsoft Office PowerPoint version 1811 for Windows 10 Surface Pro 1809 OS Build 17763.134. Please fix this.

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tracy Tran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all, member of the ink conversion team here. Are you all on Office 365? If you email me at tracyt[at]microsoft.com with a screenshot of your Draw tab (with all the conversion icons) as well as a screenshot of the "Product Information" section if you go to File -> Account, I can help you debug further. I apologize for the poor experience!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surface Pro 3 upgraded with the October Win 10 1809 upgrade and cannot get this to work.

Ink to shape works, ink to math works, ink to text icon missing and does not function even if added to a new toolbar group.

Function works well in One Note but not in PowerPoint.

Works very well on a new HP Spectre Folio with same Office software.

I suspect it is an Win 10 1809 issue.

• Jessica Cobalt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I called in at Office 365 support because I had a similar issue when I have upgraded to version 1811. I hope Microsoft can add this feature asap so we could continue in our work. I had to downgrade my office version just to continue on with my work.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed this on my Surface Pro as well. Glad to know I'm not the only one having an issue. Please Fix!

Feedback and Knowledge Base