How can we improve PowerPoint Online? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Support custom fonts

Provide the ability to use different type (fonts). Our corporate deck does not use standard typefaces. There should be a way to use different typefaces in the online tools.

85 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ben Skelton shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yvonne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @PG, i see this idea has been under Preview for over 2 years now. Are there any updates yet? We also have Company specific Fonts, that should also be used in Online Versions of Office as well as in the mobile Apps

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An absolute requirement.
        We're an information design company with many corporate clients and the main reason we're moving them to online tools is that our work requires professional typography — and that requires professional typefaces. Adobe Typekit access, Google web fonts, and our own purchased typefaces in that order.

Without this, we'll be migrating to build client decks as small web sites.

• Corey Caplette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Font choices are very limited in office365 online. Our corporate brand requires the use of specific fonts, which is a very typical use case. This means any branded material we develop using powerpoint online will not render correctly, which comprises the majority of the content we are creating. This is currently one of the biggest obstacles in selecting Office 365 over GSuite as a corporate standard.

• Rafael Corrêa Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When Power Point Online don't have the necessary embeded fonts to open slides, the user could be free to add the fonts by himself to his own

• Kendall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need specific fonts for my presentations, but after the last update, my app no longer recognizes them and won't allow me to edit my slides. :(
        I hope we can find a way to install third party fonts soon!!!

• Michel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a presentation contains a font that cannot be installed in the online version, you get a popup just saying that. This is not enough information to "fix" the presentation in the offline version.
        My first suggestion is to use substitution fonts (maybe highlight them), which is common practice in a lot of software. My second suggestion is to indicate *which* font cannot be installed and *where* it occurs, so that users can make amends.

PLEASE JUST LET ME DOWNLOAD THE EMBEDDED FONTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICK OF THIS FRACK

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if you could use your own fonts in PowerPoint Online - I used DIN Condensed in an offline presentation but it keeps changing it to the font I can't stand - CALIBRI

• PentiumD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PowerPoint Online only has English font and few fonts. How about add fonts that inside user's computer? It'll make nice to many people are living another countries.

• jkibbe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to use and add fonts of choice as a default is so essential as many corporations have their own branding standards. Microsoft for Mac 2016 eliminates the ability to use the fonts that I have to use for my clients! This and many other inefficient basic workflow issues becomes a real problem for me to use this program. Literally a drag to build slides and style everything as you go! Please update!!!!!!

Agreed. I used a font I have purchased and it looked bizarre during presntation. Letters became infinity sign or greek letters, or gibberish. It was a presentation to 8th graders and I think of them as an important audience. At least have Powerpoint warn about this as presentation is saved. I am going to check out alternative programs.

• jim jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea will allow you to get more fonts and download your own fonts! If you agree, please vote!

Feedback and Knowledge Base