PowerPoint for the web

Welcome to the web version of PowerPoint's feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Create a "Share as Slideshow" link option (without full HTML of embed code)

With the recent change to open share links in Edit mode, if you want to send to a recipient to just play a slideshow, the recipient must then click to play the deck after opening it.

In many cases, we want to the recipient to jump right into the slideshow mode.

Embed code is similar, but comes with the additional HTML for the iFrame. If we just want to send the link via Teams, Skype or email, this is overkill.

We'd like the Share option in PowerPoint to have an option to "open as slideshow" or "share as slideshow," so…

190 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Slide Sorter View

Please add slide sorter view to Office 365. I use this feature every time I'm working on a presentation.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve picture editing

Give powerpoint online the same edit tools for pictures like in the desktop application. Students are struggling to use the online version to edit photos such as remove background, recolour, hue, contrast, etc.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export to video

I want power point to make an add for tv commercials

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide ability to change the default fonts for a presentation

I would like to have a way to select a Theme, but then change the Font for my presentation, and the sizes and have the changes stay each time I add a new slide. This is an issue mainly because there is a basic flaw in conventional presentation design that dictates that the title of a slide should be bigger than the content. But that is actually counter-productive to helping audiences remember the slides.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show more Design Ideas

I mean by making more suggestions of choose on the pages

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. You can make a thing were you can go and choose anything you need for your powerpoint, Like ideas but something even better.

Were you can like go on it and like choose really cool (real looking backgrounds) backgrounds, things that you can use on a PowerPoint. Like you'll need to have everything that people look up on ideas, except for bad things. Like on ideas I looked up " My brother Sam is Dead book" and a lot of cars pulled up on it. I really like ideas but I know that you'll will think of something even better.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to add custom set of icons to Power point library.

Many times we need to use icons that is not available in the standard powerpoint icon library. We can copy paste each single icon from some where to powerpoint but there should be an easy way to to add these icons all together at once to online library or manage them at local library.
    For e.g. If I am developing a presentation on the Azure, Azure icons are not available in the standard icon set. Currently I need to copy icon by icon from web or some other source to power point to use them. If I have a way…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add QuickStarter

to help students and educators

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bookmark Design Ideas you want to use again

it would be nice cause there's this one slide that won't match the design idea i picked and it is only working for 6 of my slides and not working for all 7 of my slides and i'm getting reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaly frustrated

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When providing a font error message, listing the offending font in the error message

We received an error message that states that there are read-only embedded fonts in the document when trying to edit in PowerPoint Online through Teams.

However, there is no list of what those fonts are. Having them listed will help me resolve my problem.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A standout button that says play slide show

This would be a simple button that a user could just push to "Present" or start the slideshow. Still keep it in View but also have the option quickly available.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Track changes support

You have got to add track changes to powerpoint and Word. I can't use Sharepoint wihtout these capabilities with my team

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started adding the capability to see who changed what in PowerPoint Online. When you return to a document where collaborators made changes while you were away, you will see a notification as well as some details about what changed. For additional history, you can try the Version History feature under File>Info>Version History. Let us know if this helps!

16. Make better for ipad

iPad better

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to embed a protected "PowerPoint Show" file online

I would like to be able to create using PowerPoint including embedded audio, laser pointer, etc. I can create these files in PowerPoint, and I can protect them so other people can only "read-only". You also already have a "PowerPoint Show" file type which allows them to start in slide show mode. BUT....if I have a protected PowerPoint show file the user cannot view the content unless they have PowerPoint (desktop application)

So basically you can't embed a PowerPoint show into a webpage. So...we are forced to use a non-Microsoft format (like MPEG-4 Video) so we can post things online.…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please include the Alignment tools.

The alignment tools are non-existent in Sharepoint. They are highly useful. Please include them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Check date against day of the week

When entering days of the week and calendar dates, have Outlook check the calendar to ensure that the day and date match. For example, if I typed "Tuesday, August 14" have Outlook prompt me, "Did you mean Wednesday, August 14, 2019?"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Outline view on powerpoint online

Allow for outline view when using powerpoint online. This option does not exist for the online version. This is a problem for Chromebook users and as a student, I use powerpoint outlines a lot. But the online version doesn't have outline view and print, unless I do not know how to find it.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for the web

Feedback and Knowledge Base