PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. When exported to pdf, all images in slides have grey outline

Recent issue I've noticed: Whenever I export my ppt file to PDF, all of the images I have included in the powerpoint have a grey outline around the image. It does not happen to any shapes I may have built in the pdf, only uploaded images.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize theme fonts

Please allow customizing of theme fonts in Powerpoint for Mac as it is available for PC.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Image Size and Quality" option setting to PowerPoint for Mac

The PC version of Powerpoint allows you to control "Image Size and Quality" for the presentation. The three options available are Discard editing data, Do not compress images in file, and a setting for Default resolution. Please add these options to the Mac version of Powerpoint.

Our use case is that we create very visual heavy presentations. These presentations quickly become unwieldy in a collaborate setting, reaching 300MB, 400MB, or 500MB in size. This is due to raw images being uploaded. Having the option to set a default resolution so files are compressed to a standard quality on the way…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Layers and locks.

Please add the ability to show/hide layers, as on any other design program. Also the ability to lock/unlock an item to avoid when group selecting. Use InDesign, and learn.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow a default table style to be set

The ability to set a default table style in a presentation is a major omission from PowerPoint. Currently when you insert a table it takes the formatting of one of the built-in table styles, which you can then change by choosing another one of the built-in styles.

Most brands require a specific format for their tables - e.g. a certain colour of header row, a certain style of borders, etc. It would be very helpful if these attributes could be baked into a template so that new tables automatically take on the correct styling.

Currently the only workaround for this…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to be able to export my Power Point Presentation and include the audio file.

I would like to be able to export the audio file when I am converting my Power Point to MOV. I would like to be able to export my Power Point Presentation and include the audio file.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add ability to compare and combine two PPT files

Add ability to compare and combine two PPT files

475 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion to provide a way to compare and merge two PowerPoint files. We would also like to have this feature and will consider it in future planning rounds.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

8. Advanced animation timeline, like on Windows.

Watching demo videos of this being done on Windows, but it's missing from Mac version. Why?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Set custom default fonts for Slide Masters in template files (as on Windows version)

You can set your own fonts in text boxes created as part of Slide Masters in a template. However, you can't set the default fonts for the template as a whole, as you can on Windows.

So, when someone using the template adds a new text box to a slide the font defaults to a different font (Calibri as standard).

On Windows, the option of 'Customise Fonts' is in the 'Fonts' dropdown on the Slide Master tab.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Advanced Timeline Feature

It would be great if the Mac version of PowerPoint had the advanced timeline feature like the p.c version; where you can see the duration of each element as a coloured bar, and manually edit and slide the timing for each element along. This would make it a lot easier to achieve more advanced motion graphics on the Mac.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Feature to embed font on PPT for Mac

Feature to embed font on PPT for Mac, enabling smooth shuffling between PPT for Mac & Windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Play Embedded Videos on Slide when Exported to Video

If you have a presentation that is exported to a video that contains embedded video on a slide that's set to play automatically after exporting the presentation to an MOV or MP4, the embedded video does not play. Any animations you've made do play but the video does not. Videos do play automatically when your watching your presentation in slideshow mode but not after exporting it to an MOV.

Videos set to play automatically do do so when exporting to video on Windows but this feature doesn't exist on the Macintosh. Thank you!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support ligatures in PowerPoint for macOS

Just like Keynote or Word does it, ligatures such as "Fi" of "Ff" should be automatically formatted by PowerPoint on the Mac. Pretty much every font supports them. This being 21st century, text—especially in headings—looks unprofessional without ligatures.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Zoom in to part of a slide in Slide Show view

Today in PowerPoint for Windows while delivering your presentation and using presenter view, you can magnify part of the slide on the screen. See details here https://support.office.com/en-us/article/zoom-in-to-part-of-a-slide-in-slide-show-view-19ca20d4-a34c-4a65-9bca-a6de6659d79b

Please, enable in PowerPoint for Mac this feature already available into PowerPoint for windows.

Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Picture and keep same cropping

PLEASE allow users to replace a picture with a new one and keep the same cropping. Whenever I change out a picture, even though it is the same size (I edited it in photoshop), when I replace the picture it resets the cropping and I have to resize the image. Linking the image does not seem to work on my mac version of Powerpoint.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do not make PDF's bigger than the PPT file

The PDF file reported from PPT should never be bigger than the PPT file itself.
    However, I have a number of PPT files that, when exported to PDF, triple in file size. This is not good.
    I was told PPT might be trying to create "high quality" images (the PPT file contains lots of images), but I don't see how image quality can be increased beyond what is already there in the PPT source.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a Column Break command for multiple column text boxes

Add a Column Break command for multiple column text boxes

Currently in a multiple column text box, one has to add extra spaces to force a line into the second column, why not have a column break command in PPT as there is in Word?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change default pasting text option

When pasting text, please make it optional to change the default settings to something other than "Use destination theme." Eliminating the need to have to toggle down each time text entries are entered.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Office Theme (for Mac) with Black Please!!!!!

Let's get grey/black options for Office Theme for Mac please? Why just Windows? Us mac users need this too!

Thanks

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Transparency for shapes and groups

For shapes it is currently possible to adjust the transparency of the fill, the outline and the included text. However, to my knowledge there is still no option to adjust the transparency of the shape including fill, outline and text as such. This is despite the fact that this effect would be very useful to guide the audience from one element to another on different slides. Often this is achieved by semi transparent overlays and , but really that is just a mediocre workaround. Another, better, workaround is adding a transparency animation right from the start of a slide, but…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base