PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then “Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem.

To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.
  1. General request - make all Power Point tools equal on PC and Mac.

Microsoft is selling limited version of PowerPoint 2019 on Mac charging the same or more money. There are plenty of tools and options not available on Macs, where are quite long available on PC. This is very unfair and I'm surprised that there is still no lawsuit against that company for tens and hundreds of millions $ for making faulty software. Im just going to promote that action in public so maybe in a short time we would see significant improvement of Mac version of Office, or MS will be sued for millions. In US, in EU, in UK, wherever…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Total Loss of Undo States when Real-Time Collaborating

When collaborating on a powerpoint doc, I frequently lose all my undo states when powerpoint auto-saves a new version. I have the max undo level set, yet the fact that this happens means frequently the undo button is totally useless. This is a huge pain point for our team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make tagged PDF when saving as PDF

When saving as PDF, PowerPoint should make a tagged PDF where heading rules are automatically observed. There must always be a heading 1 tag. Heading tags must be sequential.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Retain AltText when saving as PDF

When saving as PDF PowerPoint Mac does not include Alternative Text for objects. Windows PowerPoint does include these tags. To make PDFs made with PowerPoint Mac accessible, AltText tags must be retained when saving as PDF.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Icone per smartart su Power Point for Mac

Salve, nelle smartArt sul PPT per Mac è possibile inserire le immagini ma non le icone. Anche se le icone sono disponibili. Bisogna farlo manualmente, con grande dispendio di tempo e risultato peggiore.
    E' una funzione così complessa da implementare?
    Grazie

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Save As Picture doesn't work for charts

Selecting a chart in PowerPoint and choosing Save As Picture does not appear to work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sort files when opening from OneDrive

when opening a file in Powerpoint/Excel/Word on Onedrive is very difficult to find the file is the folder has many files as there is no possibility to sort the files and have more info. size of column is fixed resulting in gutted names and ordering is preconfigured and not modifiable
    You need to have a similar pane for cloud file as for the local files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ungroup Vectors in PowerPoint

We should be able to ungroup vectors to edit colors, size and shape. This option is available in windows PC, why not in Mac Version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove SVG Ungroup Alert

Whenever I convert an SVG to Shape, I always get the Popup that says
    "This is an imported picture, not a group. Do you want to convert it to a Microsoft Office drawing object?"

Which I then have to click Yes on all the time. Seems like an unecessary popup and is an annoyance.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Custom Pane Setup

Have the ability to set any panes you want to be constantly available no matter what document you have open. Similar to workspaces in adobe programs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. No-fill data point markers on line charts should knock out to background color

Currently, when you have a marker on a line chart with a reasonable size, with a marker stroke but no marker fill, it shows the line intersecting the midpoint of the marker. Preferably, the lines would join to the outside of the marker, not the middle of the marker. Either that or have the marker fill knock out to the slide BG.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create "Powerpoint PRO"...a version for power users

Create a supercharged version of Powerpoint that has features strictly for design professionals. So a lot of these things that we're clamoring for (advanced timeline, locking layers, Adobe like features) can be built into this release, leaving the "non-pro" version to remain easy to use for everyday users. I'd buy it!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to unlink slide colors from theme colors

I would like the ability to copy slides from an existing presentation, keep the colors of objects, charts, etc, as they are while still using the destination theme. In other words, I want the colors to be independent of the theme colors unless I choose to use the theme colors. A simple "unlink colors from theme" button would suffice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PowerPoint build 20011301 still has broken shortcuts for OS X 10.15.3

NOTE: This is not an idea, but a bug. Please advise on how should I report it if this is not the right place.

After starting PowerPoint none of the shortcuts work, until the first interaction via the menu. Then it seems OK.

Please fix, as it kills productivity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. We should be given the ability to customize the UI. instead of having a black or white UI, let us get crafty.

We should be given the ability to customize the UI. instead of having a black or white UI, let us get crafty.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Paste a PDF image into PowerPoint, save it, close the file, and then reopen it to improve the compression of the image.

(1) Even if the [Image quality] item is set to [Use original quality] in [Compress diagram], if you save the file with an image attached, the image will be compressed.
    PowerPoint for mac : No events occurred at 15.xx.
    PowerPoint for mac: I want the Use original quality setting to take effect on 16.xx.

PowerPoint for mac : 15.xx When you save and avoid it, the resolution of the image decreases when you print it.) Don't lower the resolution when printing.

=================================================================
    タイトル (日本語) : PowerPoint for mac : 16.xx にて PDF 画像を貼り付けて保存してファイルを閉じた後再度開くと、 [元の品質を使用する] に設定していても画像が圧縮されてしまうのを改善してほしい。

本文 (日本語) : (1) [図の圧縮]…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Individual bullet point images are sometimes not been displayed

Since December 2019 my individual images for bullet points are not shown constantly. On some slides yes, on others no. This refers to old and new files. Can you correct this bug please? Your support couldn't help me. Everything was set up correctly...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Neue Haas Grotesk Text Pro font family in mac recent versions of office?

I am using 16.33 Mac office version and this font doesn't appear on the office fonts list. Also in PowerPoint, I don't the customization font option available. Am I missing something?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base