PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add "Snap to Grid" as a button on Quick Access Toolbar

Add "Snap to Grid" as a button on Quick Access Toolbar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exports to PDF are too Big

Even in low quality, a PDF export is 10 times larger than the source ppt.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Mac PowerPoint Tab-Theme (Slide Size 4:3 to 16:9)

In PowerPoint 2011 for Mac, I was able to change the size of the slide to 16:9 and all of my side content would stretch to fit. PowerPoint 2016 and newer only lets you change the slide size but the content stays the same. Can you add the option to let me stretch the slide to 16:9 and all the content stretch with the slide size. I use PowerPoint 2011 for this option only. I know I will not get to do this for much longer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SAME FEATURES for Mac as for Windows!

It would be helpful to have the same features in PowerPoint for Mac as for Windows. It should not be any different in the first place!
    For the first time in my design career I have to create a template in PowerPoint! So my adventure the last couple of days is trying to understand the software and it's not user-friendly at all. Most of the tuts are for Windows and you know what... we Mac users miss out a few of good and helpful features... like grids and settings for grids. I found something like 'snap to grid' - but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show video playback on display screen, not presenter's screen

Videos play "chunky" when using presenter mode—maybe because the video is appearing on both the display screen and the presenter's screen. The same video plays fine when screens are mirrored (presenter mode turned off), but that means the presenter doesn't get to see notes prepared for the current slide or a preview of slides coming up. My clients would love an option to turn off video playback on the presenter's screen, so the audience can see the video play cleanly while they get to see the other benefits of presenter mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. improve rotation of pictures

allow increments of 0.1 degree for absolute correction of rotation of an object or image in Word and PowerPoint for Mac and for Windows

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The eyedropper tool it hasn't worked in my Mac

Mac system : Catalina version 10.15 Beta
    Office :365 description / version 16.29
    The eyedropper tool doesn't worked for the all office application, include word/powerpoint/excel/onenote etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Define 'default text style' for charts

PowerPoint automatically sets the text style in charts to about 30% brighter off Text/Background Dark 1, and this is not part of the theme colors. I understand it's designed for it to be somewhat visible on both dark and light backgrounds, but it's making the charts details out of place design-wise; off-theme, off-brand.

Please allow us to set the formatting as a Master, thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include an option for the presenter to be videoed via the webcam on mac.

The narration recording function is good but the actual face of the presenter cannot be videoed via the webcam on mac. This is available on the windows version and it seems an odd function to leave off the mac version as this is so widely used. It is really complicated, time consuming and potentially expensive to get this to work on mac due to having to purchase additional hardware/software.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Why? WHY did you get rid of the animation timeline for PowerPoint 2019 for the mac??? Why???

I work with clients on PC, and some refer to that animation timeline in regards to having a visual representation of how their animations are coming together. Why in god's name would you not include this on the Mac? It makes absolutely no sense, and I've had to revert to Keynote for other clients who have had the same issues and are done with PowerPoint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Restore Right Scroll Bar and arrows

I am distraught that PowerPoint 2019 for Mac, which I just installed on a new Mac, does not have the right side scroll bar and slide advance errors when editing slides.

I have used PPT for more than 30 years. Why does it make sense to take away part of the core navigation? I don't want to use thumbnails at left all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Create different paths through a deck in Screen show for different people.

People often build decks for use my multiple different type of people - sales, technical, management etc but you still want them to use some common charts. Rather than build multiple decks it would be good to be able to define multiple paths through a deck depending on different needs. Simple mix could ask the person putting it in screen show, which path they want to take

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fix ‘Compress Images’ option

Currently, when compressing a presentation using the option under the FILE menu, PNG files often lose their transparency. This has been happening for MANY versions of PPT with no apparent solution...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tabular Lining

Currently, there is no fix for numbers or letter sets using Old Style lining. In Word, the tabular lining option occurs. Please please please add tabular lining function to PowerPoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Facilitate linking a slide in one presentation to one in another presentation like the PC version.

Facilitate linking a slide in one presentation to one in another presentation like the PC version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hyperlink to headers or images rather than page numbers in PPT

Hi there! I create presentations for a living and am getting more and more requests for decks that can be used on a laptop or iPad that function as an FAQ. Client wants to be able to click from hyperlinks in a TOC to reach individual subjects in the document. Sadly, every time the client wants to update, it changes the page numbers and we have to re-hyperlink everything. Is it possible to update the system for internal document hyperlinks to function the way MSWord does? Can we hyperlink to a header or line of text rather than just the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base