PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. subtitle

I would love the ability to add subtitle files to videos in powerpoint. PC has this option and has for some time. Why is this feature not available on Mac. We have live subtitling available on both platforms, why not adding subtitles to videos.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On corporate PPT (Volume License 2016) the highlight button has been removed, but exists in Office 365 versions. Please reinstate.

On corporate PPT (Volume License 2016) the highlight button has been removed, but exists in Office 365 versions. Please reinstate. I don't see any reason for differentiation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring 2016 MacOS version of MS Office (including) PowerPoint up to date

Ever since I got an annual subscription to MS Office the functionality of PPT, Word and Excel has got less each year. It appears that there is no attempt by MS to update Office to keep current with MacOS updates.

So many of the menus do not work for example:
    Margins
    Borders
    Font Colors
    Fill colors

There are many more; its beyond frustrating trying to find work arounds (or not) to compose work product the way that the one wants/needs to.

Currently in 2019, the latest version of MS Office is version 15.18 which dates from 2015 (4 years ago)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. @mention people on slides

option to @mention people on slides. Comments work well but it would be great to @mention on specific slides for everyone to see

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notes Page - Substandard Programming

In PowerPoint 2016 and 2019 for Mac, the notes pages have substandard programming. The right-click menu is a simple copy of the right-click menu for slides. It can't be called context-aware, because it isn't. In all Windows versions, the right-click menu for Notes Pages includes a command to reapply important features of the Notes Master (Notes Layout). This menu is missing in all versions of PowerPoint for Mac. Instead, a lazy programmer has added the right-click menu that applies only to slides.
    This need is especially relevant because PowerPoint Online currently corrupts Notes Pages when they are edited. Windows users…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dzongkha Unicode text not rendering properly in PowerPoint, MacBook

Typing Dzongkha (using Tibetan script) in MacBook PowerPoint does not render properly. The texts overlap with each other. Please help resolve this issue in MacBook.I can send a screenshot of an example for this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PLEASE restore the online photo/clip art search to the insert function. Good grief-it takes me several extra steps and more time!

Online clip art & photos take so much more time to implement. What were the designers thinking?! Please, please, restore that function! I was on the line for a good hour with Level 2 Tech Support and even they had a hard time figuring it out!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. show paste options

Show Paste Options in Powerpoint version 16.25 for Mac disappeared! You can not paste keeping source formatting anymore! In the preferences , edit section, you do not have the option to toggle on/off the Show Paste options buttons ... I guess that is why afterwards you can not access them while you are working?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Import pre-built quick access toolbar

Please allow for importing pre-built quick access toolbars, just like is allowed in Windows/PC applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. link to local file

Links to video files in the same folder as the presentation should not store the full path as the presentation cannot be moved.

I often edit on PC, sync presentation via onedrive to mac but then find I have to re-link the videos because the path cannot be found even though the videos are in the same folder as the presentation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Problem editing textbox in the latest version of Powerpoint for MAC 2016, ver 16.25

When editing an existing presentation in PowerPoint 2016, ver 16.25, latest update, it is impossible to edit a textbook. Double clicking on the textbook highlights the text but one cannot update said text. I circumvented the problem by editing the same presentation with PowerPoint for MAC 2011 to modify the textbook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sort slides by date edited

A slide-level time stamp. Review changes in large or shared presentations. Perhaps a slide-level Edit History panel or "last 5 slides edited" would be nice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Include Activex support for powerpoint for Mac

Power point for Mac lacks Activex functionality. In an education setting this means that powerpoints from windows do not function correctly when presenting to students on a Mac.

Microsoft, as you are now targeting the education market with various products and services why not include support for Activex macros in powerpoints on a Mac? In real education settings there is a mixture of windows and mac os users (teachers and students).

Regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add animation before slide transition (or automate slide transition after click-activated animation is done playing))

I frequently find myself wanting an exit animation for the content of my slide immediately before the transition to the next slide (for example, the text might zoom out of view before the whole slide dissolves). Currently, the only way to do this is to duplicate the slide and set automatic timings on the duplicate, which means that if anyone wants to edit the slide, they must edit both copies. It would be really nice if you could tell Powerpoint to advance the slide after a certain animation plays (maybe a special "advance slide" event in the animation timeline?) or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Linked duplicates

There should be an option to create a duplicate of an object that remains linked to the original object, so that any changes to the original propagate to all the duplicates. For example, I create presentations with complex animations that often require putting the same text box on multiple slides, and it becomes a huge pain to have to edit the text boxes on 5 different slides, some of which might be behind other shapes, just because I wanted to change one word. It would be really nice to have all of those copies connected to each other so that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. fatima khaled

it is like a tower

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow me to actually SAVE my updates on my presentation!!!

Allow me to actually SAVE my updates on my presentation!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the ability to view gridlines as you are able to in PowerPoint on Windows

In the Windows version of PowerPoint, one is able to show gridlines on a slide, and possibly edit the size. This is not possible on the Mac version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. PowerPoint for Designers

Microsoft's view of the Mac world is upside down. A huge proportion of corporate presentations are created by designers using Macs. But the Mac version of PowerPoint is a lame, tame, minimal version of what's available in Windows.
    Microsoft would better serve their corporate user base if they created an industrial-strength version of PowerPoint for MacOS that could not only do all the operations of the Windows version, but surpass it. Custom table styles! 9 levels of text in text boxes! SuperTheme creation! Custom Effects Themes (Shape Styles)! Custom SmartArt! All of these are possible with the current file format,…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow setting of default file extension for "Save as Picture" or at least remember the last format choice.

The ability to save images and shapes as pictures in PDF is a great feature of PowerPoint on Mac. Please enable users to set the default file extension for "Save as Picture", for example, as PDF. Currently, PowerPoint always defaults saving to .PNG file.

At the very least, PowerPoint should remember the user's last format choice and default to that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base