PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. I would like to be able to change and delete animations on the animation pane, so that I only have the 4-5 types I use. That would speed up

I would like to be able to change and delete animations on the animations pane so that I only have the 4-5 I use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Edit animation order

For the Mac 365, select multiple animations and drag together, like in the Windows version, to a new position in the animation order.

This would be a huge time saver and improve the quality of the outcome as mistakes happen in creating the new order as the current Mac version only allows a single animation activity to be selected and dragged to a new position in the animation order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Paste (do not insert) the same image simultaneously on multiple slides.

This morning I discovered from Microsoft assistance that there is no option on PPT to paste the same image on several slides at the same time. Today I have to manually paste one on 900 slides. It's unbelievable that nobody thought about it!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Multiple Accounts recognised

Recognise people have more than one microsoft account! I am trying to download an add-in for work, but my personal ID makes that impossible! I only get one sign-in option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Subtitles storage/transcription could be a game changer and make a meaningful impact for education around the world

A transcription or record of the subtitles for a powerpoint presentation would be so very helpful. The translations are pretty good but if there were a transcription, they could be more easily corrected so that non-English speakers could refer to the transcript for lectures etc. I create medical education content with a non-profit for low income countries. For many of those students, English is a second language. The subtitles are helpful but only exist in real-time. They would greatly benefit of a transcript for studying. It would help improve medical education abroad and would make a significant difference if this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Record Slide Show video file VFR issues

When using the Record Slide Show feature on Mac. The exported mp4 or mov file is variable frame rate (vfr). The resulting file if played in VLC or used with ffmpeg the audio and video are out of sync. If you use mediainfo in text mode, you will see the source duration and clip duration are different times. The longer the video the worse the time slip.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sur powerpoint 2019, lorsque l'on clique sur un lien hypertexte renvoyant vers un fichier autre qu'un powerpoint, celui s'ouvre mais ne s'af

J'utilise en Macbookair 2017 et sur powerpoint 2019, lorsque l'on clique sur un lien hypertexte renvoyant vers un fichier autre qu'un powerpoint, celui-ci s'ouvre mais ne s'affiche pas au premier plan ce qui oblige à sortir du diaporama pour y accéder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cutout people: more diversity please!

Please provide images of people of color, especially black people. More diversity would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Comments to access the Contacts list for "@" mentions - doesn't work in Family edition

Comments to access the Contacts list for "@" mentions - doesn't work in Family edition

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Keep Powerpoint animation going (active screen) when selecting other application

In this new normal more and more online customer meetings are being done. I use powerpoint with animated clock countdown timers and integrated music at for instance the beginning and coffee breaks of the meetings. I start up slide mode and everything starts as it suppose to. I am using Teams to share it with customers by selecting window and then the powerpoint application. So far so good.

My problem is that as soon as you select another application on your screen by clicking on it the powerpoint animation and music stops until you activate the powerpoint application again. This…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. can't insert .avi video into powerpoint 2019 for Mac

I couldn't insert .avi video into powerpoint 2019 for Mac these days.

it shows a message like this:
    'PowerPoint cannot insert a video from the selected file. Verify that the path and file format are correct, and then try again.'

But it worked not long ago when I handled my work with powerpoint 2016 embedded Flip4Mac.

I just wonder why this happen and how to resolve this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Is anyone having trouble when save a PPT and automatically your text changes to ITALIC?

Even if you save it again with normal text power point stills change text to italic :( Already tried uninstalling Microsoft and font

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is anyone having trouble when save a PPT and automatically your text changes to ITALIC?

Even if you save it again with normal text power point stills change text to italic :( Already tried uninstalling Microsoft and font

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Turn off "last modified" highlighting on sharepoint presentations

Whenever I open a doc I haven't opened in weeks that needs my review, it's a huge distraction to see all of the little green "last modified by..." highlights throughout. I understand that these can be useful, but it would be great to be able to turn them on and off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Graphic defect

Hi, I have to report a graphic defect in the Office Powerpoint for Mac print interface. In the print box, by activating the "Show details" option, below the "Custom interval" flag, there is an additional gray flag that appears as a graphic error in the print box. It is an annoying and unresolved thing from the first release of PowerPoint for Mac. How can I send a screen shot to show it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Selection Pane: Move In/Out of a group

Moving items in the selection pane in/out of a group would be really helpful. For example if you've built a complex animation on a group item, then realize you need to add another element. (text box, icon, whatever). But so often we have to select the new element and the group, then Group those. This breaks the animations and sequencing of our builds.

If in the Selection pane you could just drag the new element into the group (already positioned and laid out on slide) then the parent level group retains its animations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)