PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. "Save as PDF" option for saving pdf files with various layouts (1 slide per page, handouts, slides notes)

Being able to export to PDF, single, or multiple slides rather than all of them.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back support for latex-like syntax in equation environment.

I have just updated to ppt 16.10 for mac, and the support for latex-like syntax has disappeared altogether (see https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Linear-format-equations-using-UnicodeMath-and-LaTeX-in-Word-2e00618d-b1fd-49d8-8cb4-8d17f25754f8?CorrelationId=f86c5d17-96ad-474b-97f5-4f8c5510052d&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US)

Before updating the keyboard shortcuts did work. I'm now using version 15.33 on another machine, and the shortcuts do work.

Adding a keyboard shortcut for inserting equations would be great too.

Thanks for your understanding.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make an option to change the mouse right click in show mode to enable reverse (instead of the contextual show menu).

Make an option to change the mouse right click in show mode to enable reverse (instead of the contextual show pop up menu). This option is on the PC version of PowerPoint and should be on the Mac version too. This would enable presenters to quickly reverse and advance during a show, without having to bring up a menu on screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add support for ActiveX

Many Windows-users assume that Mac and PC versions of PowerPoint have equivalent functionality and expect Mac users to be able to use PowerPoint presentations with ActiveX built in, which causes difficulties when this is not the case. Things created with one version of the program should be compatible with the other and not having that is a severe oversight.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. [Presentation] In Edit Mode, jump to different slides quickly in long presentations

1) There is no function to jump to specific slides in longer presentations. In older versions of PowerPoint, I could right click on a thumbnail, see the number of the slide I was on, and choose to jump to a specific slide. Now, I must scroll up and down long PowerPoints to see the slide I need.
    2) When editing long presentations, there used to be a function that would show the slide you were on, and using scrollar, could quickly drag to another slide.
    3) Older versions of PowerPoint had this. It was a real time saver. I could…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add ability to see new font right after it was installed in system without reboot PPT

Add ability to see new font right after it was installed in system without reboot PPT

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow specific font search in font menu and apply changes to the selected text.

To apply the specific font to text, one needs to go to font and search from drop-down menu instead of having it automatically.

Need to have an auto select drop down with the fewer text of font name.

Like when I enter "Arial N", it should display "Arial Narrow" font for easy selection.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use templates that are stored online (in SharePoint)

Template is stored in SharePoint because it gets updated regularly by selected users and we need a way for all users to create new slides from the latest version of the template that's stored online.
    Currently, we can only create new slides based on templates stored on hard disk.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. [Slide master] Image on top of picture/object place holder in layout

Hi

I would love the ability to to add our logo or an image into one of my slide master layouts and then have it sit on top of a picture place holder. currently one you leave the slide master view the picture objects always covers up the logo in the layout despite the order. I believe this can happen in a PC but not a Mac.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide possibility to embed videos in PDFs exported from PPT

When exporting to PDF, I would like to have the option of embedding all videos directly and automatically in the PDF.
    I know I can embed videos afterwards in an existing PDF, but this is way to cumbersome, especially for presentations that contain several videos.
    PPT should embed the videos in the PDF even if they are only linked to from the PPT file.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Design Ideas to Office for Mac Home and Student 2016 please!

Add Design Ideas to Office for Mac Home and Student 2016 please!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. POWERPOINT TO WORD EDITABLE FILE

Again, I have actually already seen it mentioned multiple times, please allow powerpoint to be converted into an editable document into word. That includes the pictures along with the words from powerpoint!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Chroma Key Background for presentation

Provide Chroma Key or Transparent background for presentation - allowing me or others to "select a computer screen background" that is fluid throughout the entire presentation show. In other words, one way or another - allow me to select the presentation to "overlay" a video or a camera or a computer screen as a transparent background on screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support Figma & Sketch files to embbed in PPT

Add support to embbed Figma & Sketch files in presentations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back double-click and drag to select words!!

In every other program in the world, you double-click a word and then drag to select additional words. I've been happy that the Mac version of Powerpoint has maintained this standard while this is long gone from the Windows version.

However, with the latest update to add cloud Autosave (which I'll probably never use), double-click and drag is gone! If you double-click a word, the word is selected, but as soon as you drag, the selection becomes a character-by-character select, even unselecting characters in the original word you double-clicked that are not included in the drag! And I hate the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In edit mode, increasing the window size should also increase the zoom

Currently, when you resize the window, the zoom factor doesn't scale with it. In case of increasing the window size, this results in a large amount of unused screen real estate (until you manually zoom in to correct it again). It would be nice if PPT automatically scaled the content to make it fit the window while resizing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow custom data labels for scatter plots

This has been a feature in the windows version for forever! I don't understand why it can't be added in mac. Seriously.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Change the type cursor flash rhythm (on, off, on etc.). It currently starts in the 'off' position, making it difficult to track.

When you click on a section of type within PowerPoint, the cursor turns in to a flashing vertical bar. On, off, on, off etc.

While in the text box, the cursor is persistent. You can then change the position of the cursor: move it around with the arrow keys, type, click elsewhere in the box etc. Any position change 'resets' the cursors flash rhythm.

So far, so normal.

However, in the current version of PPT the first flash of the type cursor's flash rhythm is in the 'off' part of the flash. As such, whenever you change the position of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard shortcut to insert equation

There is no keyboard shortcut to insert equation in PowerPoint for Mac version 16.8. Please add a shortcut, or add a menu item so users can set the shortcut in macOS System Preferences

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base