PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Change default pasting text option

When pasting text, please make it optional to change the default settings to something other than "Use destination theme." Eliminating the need to have to toggle down each time text entries are entered.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. POWERPOINT TO WORD EDITABLE FILE

Again, I have actually already seen it mentioned multiple times, please allow powerpoint to be converted into an editable document into word. That includes the pictures along with the words from powerpoint!

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Retain Hyperlinks on Shapes Saved to PDF

1. Add a shape to a PowerPoint 2011 or 2016 slide.

2. Add a hyperlink to the shape.

3. Save the file as PDF and open in Reader. The hyperlink is gone.

This works as expected in the Windows versions of PowerPoint, please fix!

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Paste Excel chart without data link (default experience pastes chart with linked data)

In powerpoint the paste chart options provide for:
    1 - paste chart with data linked to Excel (default)
    2 - Embed excel file in PPT
    3 - Paste picture

I think we need to have two essential features:

First the obvious one:
    4 - Paste chart WITHOUT data link to Excel (it is a mystery why this

And since we now have so many inked charts in our PPT files now, we also need a solution (as in Windows) to review, edit and break data links to Excel. Can we really believe this is not in Office 2011 for Mac?

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Powerful features for designers using PPT

Please have your developers use and become proficient at a basic graphic design program. Graphic designers by and large are your primary users and happen to use software that has a designer's logic to it. Powerpoint's basic functionality and workflow consistently ignores this "best practice" development approach and causes so many discontinuities (read: Frustration) that if it wasn't so maddening it would be laughable. That said, there are some basic things that would make the program more user friendly:

1. Bezier curves: This is a extremely critical function! Illustrator provides fine controls that makes curves easy and quick to do -…
    43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit and Delete Custom Colors via Theme color palette

When I create a custom palette and want to tweak one color and re-save, I have to create a new palette, so I just end up with multiple similar palettes which is not very helpful to remember which one is correct.

I'm newer to Powerpoint, but it seems in previous versions you had the ability to edit these palettes or delete them entirely. I'd like to go back to having that capability.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide document inspector experience

add document inspector functionality for Mac - same as it is on PC.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "Publish" feature found in Windows

Please make it possible to gather all the fonts, videos... from a presentation in one folder. I think it was calles "publish" in windows

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. macOS only fonts support in Slide Master

Currently we can't set macOS only fonts (ex.Hiragino Gothic) in Slide Master's default one. We need to set fonts manually to all slide master objects.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reapply notes master to all slides

You need to provide the ability to reapply notes master to all slides in PowerPoint for Mac. This is available on Windows PowerPoint. It can be a tremendous amount of work to apply new layout to each individual note in a large already existing presentation.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A magnifying glass as part of presentation tools -- will help focus on detail of small images/graphs

Many presentations contain detailed tables or graphics that are essentially undecipherable from a distance. Adding a magnifying glass to the pointer and pen tools during a presentation will allow that detail to be presented as needed.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add "Image Size and Quality" option setting to PowerPoint for Mac

The PC version of Powerpoint allows you to control "Image Size and Quality" for the presentation. The three options available are Discard editing data, Do not compress images in file, and a setting for Default resolution. Please add these options to the Mac version of Powerpoint.

Our use case is that we create very visual heavy presentations. These presentations quickly become unwieldy in a collaborate setting, reaching 300MB, 400MB, or 500MB in size. This is due to raw images being uploaded. Having the option to set a default resolution so files are compressed to a standard quality on the way…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the ability to ungroup vector objects in Powerpoint so that they can be editable!

In previous versions we could import .emf files and ungroup them so that they could be edited. Why was this functionality removed???

This is very important as my clients like to be able to modify the icons I design for them, to change colours, etc. It was very frustrating that I was able to do this previously, but now can't!

I can now import SVG files and change the colour in Powerpoint, but I can't ungroup the object into parts so it's fully editable, why is this?

I now have to use Open Office, import .emf files, 'break' the object,…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. PDF Compression Capability

PDF compression not possible currently on Mac. Was available earlier.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implement a feature in PowerPoint for Mac that records the screen

It would be great if PowerPoint for Mac could record the screen like the Windows version can.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. import videos into a slideshow page while keeping the background transparent of the video

Keep the transparent background of a video (alpha channel) when importing into a slide show page

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow powerpoint to be converted to pdf file with or without speaker notes

students like me need to submit our presentation with speaker notes as PDF file. but current powerpoint doesnt allow that

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide possibility to embed videos in PDFs exported from PPT

When exporting to PDF, I would like to have the option of embedding all videos directly and automatically in the PDF.
    I know I can embed videos afterwards in an existing PDF, but this is way to cumbersome, especially for presentations that contain several videos.
    PPT should embed the videos in the PDF even if they are only linked to from the PPT file.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enabling to record a slideshow with a video narrative in PowerPoint (Office 365) for Mac OS X Catalina.

Please, enable to record a slideshow with a video narrative in PowerPoint (Office 365) for Mac OS X Catalina. Unfortunately, it is available for Windows only.
    The link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/record-a-slide-show-with-narration-and-slide-timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae-b1e7-e47d8741161c#OfficeVersion=macOS is not applicable for Mac OS Catalina. If this feature is implemented, it will be very interesting for users are looking for a way to make some video classes because they could record the slide show and the speaker's video simultaneously.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Vector conversion to native shapes

Like in the Windows version, the ability to copy EPS, EMF, or any other vector drawing and be converted as a PowerPoint shape. Can be by inserting as an image, importing or through drag and drop from the parent app (Photoshop, Illustrator) to PowerPoint.

I do a lot of mockups in Powerpoint :) SO I copy over design files from Adobe to PPT.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base