PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Complete spell checking just like in Word

The spell-checking feature in PowerPoint isn’t as complete as Word. Spell checking should be through across all office programs.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding animation to Quicktime videos

Is it possible to animate (float, zooming , spiral in) Quicktime videos in PPT 2011?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Icon Library Search

Search functionality in the icon library so we can quickly find what we are looking for rather than scrolling up and down the list.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Thanks for sending us feedback. In the latest versions of PowerPoint we now support all of these features (trimming video, adding animation to a video, and selecting an image as the poster for a video).

You can find all these new features under the “Video Format” tab when you select a video that you added to a slide.

5. Add words to custom dictionary

DANGER - PowerPoint 2016 for Mac spell checker does not change custom dictionary to Add words!!!

The issue reported here was fixed:
    PowerPoint 2016 for Mac spell checker does not Add words to custom dictionary
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficepowerpoint-msomac/powerpoint-2016-for-mac-spell-checker-does-not-add/42729402-f9c9-488b-9360-90b9129eb6be

But further to that, I have noticed that when "Tools - Spelling" to Add words, PowerPoint 2016 version 15.31.0 (170216) does not automatically select the correct custom dictionary in "Add words to". Word does it right, but PowerPoint fails as said.

This is particularly dangerous, since you may add words to the wrong custom dictionary, for instance when you work with English…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Context menu doesn't appear when multiple table cells selected !!!! Please Fix

Context menu doesn't appear when multiple table cells selected !!!! Please Fix -- very frustrating and counter productive

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make it possible to be able to use a non-Microsoft font for the HEADER and BODY text placeholders.

Sometimes users want to use OTHER font combinations outside of the 10 or so built in MSFT only font combos. When I inquired about this, as usual, I was told "You can do that on the PC version". That's a A POOR EXCUSE. You've been developing PowerPoint for the Mac and the PC for OVER 20 YEARS - and you chage the same for Mac and PC versions, so there's NO EXCUSE for the Mac version of PowerPoint to do ANYTHING LESS than the PC version. There are DOZENS of MAJOR features missing from the Mac version. 20+ years is…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for submitting your feedback. In our newest release of PowerPoint we allow our users to specify any font in the header or footer section.

Give it a try, select “Insert” → “Header & Footer”, then add your text, select your text and put your custom font such as “AppleMyungjo”.

8. Mac OS color palette no longer works in 16.10 (180204)

If you select "more fill colors" to browse the OS-level color selection options, there is a palette of 18 custom colors on the bottom that is consistent across all apps. If you click on a color, it will highlight the color, but there is no longer any way to select the color for use on the item in your slide. Before, you could select the color, click OK, and the color would be applied to the object. But now, the palette is non-functional.

Microsoft's color palette management is so poor, this is like adding insult to injury.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We cannot reproduce the issue you reported in the latest Office build, so we are closing this request as “Completed”.

This UserVoice site is designed for submitting feature requests, instead of reporting bugs. If you are still hitting the color palette problem after updating to the latest Apple and Office build, please post the problem on the Answers forum (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum), and we’ll take a deeper look at your case.

Thanks!
    PowerPoint Team

9. Ability to add action to quick access tool by right click action on the ribbon action

I am heavy powerpoint user and I used mostly for UX mocks
    As such, I need to have an efficient quick access tool
    In the PC I was able customize and add action to the quick access tool by right click on the actino at the ribbon
    However, I just moved to Mac and there is no such option
    Instead I need to endlessly browse to quick access customization window and search for the right commands which is hard!
    Please please add this feature!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! This issue is now fixed in PowerPoint for Mac 2016.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

11. "Preserve Formatting" option

Bring back the option to "Preserve Formatting" when inserting PowerPoint slide(s) from another program.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! This feature is available in PowerPoint for Mac 2016.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

12. Facilitate linking a slide in one presentation to one in another presentation like the PC version.

Facilitate linking a slide in one presentation to one in another presentation like the PC version.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, thanks for submitting this feedback. We do support this functionality.

Here is how you can use this:
    1. Select the object on a slide that you want to link to a different presentation file.
    2. Go to the “Insert” tab and select “Action”
    3. Expand the “Hyperlink to:” drop down and select “Other PowerPoint Presentation”

13. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! PowerPoint for Mac has the ability to insert locally stored videos already. If your suggestion is regarding online video support, please add your vote to the Online Video suggestion which is one of the highest requests we have so far. Thanks for voting!

14. Keyboard shortcuts to move items within a list... like on PC

On PC, if you press shift+alt+up (or down) you can move items inside a list. This is a great economy of time compared to cut/paste. Please add this to the Mac version.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PowerPoint QuickStarter

Please, add the new fetaure PowerPoint QuickStarter in the Mac version too.
    PowerPoint QuickStarter builds you an outline to help you get started researching a subject of your choosing.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Garbled Symbol font after opening file with PowerPoint 2016 for Mac

Garbled Symbol font after opening file with PowerPoint 2016 for Mac.

Font showed OK with PowerPoint 2016 version 15.19.1.160212 for Mac, but when the file is open with PowerPoint 2016 15.21.1.160411 for Mac they show garbled.

Apple FontBook and FontGear FontDoctor find no problem. Mac OS X 10.11.4 (15E65) El Capitan.

I have found that changing Symbol font by Symbol Tiger or Symbol Tiger Expert font fixes the issue and then font shows OK. Amazing!

How to fix it to show OK also using Symbol font? Or is this a PowerPoint 2016 15.21.1.160411 for Mac bug?  In such a case, I hope it is fixed in next update. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow fade in/out of audio clips

It's possible in windows so why not mac?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add ability for users to choose light or dark mode of ppt and excel when mac is set at dark mode

When using the ppt, excel or word,the main part of the screen is almost light colour or at least not always the dark colour. In this occasion, we may prefer the UI is also at a lighter color instead of the present darker one even though the mac is at a dark mode.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export to PDF makes high quality pngs look terrible no matter the setting

no matter how the png was created (quality, size, program, etc.), added to powerpoint or sized and used in powerpoint, no export to pdf the pngs look absolutely terrible all of a sudden. this was not an issue in previous versions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve Saving FailSafe's

You guys NEED to have a better system for making sure people's stuff doesn't get wiped. I was working on a PowerPoint for a day, and it kept saying that some of the slides I'd used were read only, and that I should overwrite the file. I kept overwriting my presentation (seemingly successfully), but when I closed out of the file I lost ALL the changes. I just got back form hospital because I broke my knuckles -- I was THAT angry. There was no AutoSave file - nothing. I'd worked on a DropBox but it didn't even save temporarily,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback! Now, Office 365 will save your changes as you make them with our new AutoSave feature, so you never have to worry about losing your changes and you’ll be able to access them from anywhere. Simply store your files in OneDrive and make sure the AutoSave toggle at the top left is turned on. Additionally, when AutoSave is on, you’ll be able to collaborate with others in real-time.

To learn more about AutoSave, please see https://support.office.com/article/What-is-AutoSave-6d6bd723-ebfd-4e40-b5f6-ae6e8088f7a5

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base