PowerPoint for Mac

We love hearing from our customers. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Garbled Symbol font after opening file with PowerPoint 2016 for Mac

Garbled Symbol font after opening file with PowerPoint 2016 for Mac.

Font showed OK with PowerPoint 2016 version 15.19.1.160212 for Mac, but when the file is open with PowerPoint 2016 15.21.1.160411 for Mac they show garbled.

Apple FontBook and FontGear FontDoctor find no problem. Mac OS X 10.11.4 (15E65) El Capitan.

I have found that changing Symbol font by Symbol Tiger or Symbol Tiger Expert font fixes the issue and then font shows OK. Amazing!

How to fix it to show OK also using Symbol font? Or is this a PowerPoint 2016 15.21.1.160411 for Mac bug?  In such a case, I hope it is fixed in next update. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PowerPoint 365 for Mac has the Online Picture option grayed out.

PowerPoint 365 for Mac has the Online Picture option grayed out. I tried adding it in Preferences, but it still did nothing. I like finding online clipart and backgrounds using this feature. When will it be implemented in the Mac version?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export to PDF makes high quality pngs look terrible no matter the setting

no matter how the png was created (quality, size, program, etc.), added to powerpoint or sized and used in powerpoint, no export to pdf the pngs look absolutely terrible all of a sudden. this was not an issue in previous versions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve Saving FailSafe's

You guys NEED to have a better system for making sure people's stuff doesn't get wiped. I was working on a PowerPoint for a day, and it kept saying that some of the slides I'd used were read only, and that I should overwrite the file. I kept overwriting my presentation (seemingly successfully), but when I closed out of the file I lost ALL the changes. I just got back form hospital because I broke my knuckles -- I was THAT angry. There was no AutoSave file - nothing. I'd worked on a DropBox but it didn't even save temporarily,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Now, Office 365 will save your changes as you make them with our new AutoSave feature, so you never have to worry about losing your changes and you’ll be able to access them from anywhere. Simply store your files in OneDrive and make sure the AutoSave toggle at the top left is turned on. Additionally, when AutoSave is on, you’ll be able to collaborate with others in real-time.

To learn more about AutoSave, please see https://support.office.com/article/What-is-AutoSave-6d6bd723-ebfd-4e40-b5f6-ae6e8088f7a5

5. Better autosave feature

I just lost a whole bunch of information on a powerpoint for school, even some info on slides I had saved manually. It'd be great if we could have a feature that would at least put the recovered file into a new folder in 'Documents' or something so that if the recovered files aren't able to open, they'll at least be saved in another folder, and still be able to be easy to get through.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Now, Office 365 will save your changes as you make them with our new AutoSave feature. Simply store your files in OneDrive or SharePoint and make sure the AutoSave toggle at the top left is turned on. Additionally, when AutoSave is on, you’ll be able to collaborate with others in real-time.

To learn more about AutoSave, please see https://support.office.com/article/What-is-AutoSave-6d6bd723-ebfd-4e40-b5f6-ae6e8088f7a5

6. Make the color picker work!

The color picker on PPT 2016 does not work. Clicking it does nothing, but once you exit the window the color picker appears. Clicking a color however, does not change the fill color.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a report a bug button

How about a button where you can report bugs in your software? Given that your internet presence is to put it mildly: horrifyingly bad, why not add a button under the 'help' section where you can report a bug in your program. I do understand that it may look bad on the surface to have have a 'report a bug in our program' button as it implies that there are lot of bugs in the program. But once you discover one as a customer, it does really help you to further improve your software. In addition, it saves me from…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Accessibility Checker

Please include the accessibility checker feature that is available for Windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow opening presentations shared from OneDrive

As near as I can tell there is no way to open a presentation that has been shared with you through OneDrive for Business from within the Powerpoint 2016 client app. I am connected to my Office 365 account and can open my own docs from the cloud but the app cannot access documents in the "Shared with Me" tab. I have to go online, log in, find the shared presentation, and click Open in Powerpoint. Quite a few extra steps!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base