PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Change Picture and keep same cropping

PLEASE allow users to replace a picture with a new one and keep the same cropping. Whenever I change out a picture, even though it is the same size (I edited it in photoshop), when I replace the picture it resets the cropping and I have to resize the image. Linking the image does not seem to work on my mac version of Powerpoint.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Paragraph and character styles, please!

Why can't we create/modify paragraph and character styles with a format pane as robust as Word? Header 1, Header 2, captions, custom bullets et al that don't have to be reformatted over and over again would make things so much faster, consistent, and easier. Your end user is familiar with paragraph styles in Word, give them a little credit to be able to use them in PowerPoint as well.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Design Ideas to Office for Mac Home and Student 2016 please!

Add Design Ideas to Office for Mac Home and Student 2016 please!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Track Changes

Despite the availability of the "Track Changes" feature in both Word and Excel, PowerPoint continues to lag behind on this development, forcing authors/creators to use the wholly inadequate "Compare" feature.

For those of us who use PowerPoint in the research world, having the ability to update and edit slides while using a Track Changes feature is essential in order to ensure that our data, references, and images are current and accurate. It also allows for others within the authoring process to check and edit our work, while allowing us to properly accredit them for their changes/edits.

At this point, it's…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable marking of unfinished slides in the slide preview pane

It is sometimes difficult to keep track of which slides are completed and which still need work. The ability to highlight unfinished slides in the slide preview pane would be invaluable

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please make Powerpoint on Macs able to handle embedded PDF files

To those who read this post, please add a comment so that Microsoft may get the message that there are a lot of people who use Office on the Mac and need it to have the same capabilities as Office on Windows.

My company deals with a partner that sends PPTX presentations from windows machines with embedded PDFs of relevant files. They do this so that the appropriate file can be discussed with the relevant slide. We are a Mac based organization and PAY for Office 365 for Business. Powerpoint on a Mac doesn't read PDFs embedded into PPTX presentations…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open excel file without exit from the presentation mode (Show mini excel experience on the PowerPoint slide)

In a slide you can insert a file excel/word but in the presentation mode you are not able to double click on it to open it.
    You must exit from presentation mode, open the file and than come back again in the presentation mode.
    During the business meeting I believe that it could be very smart to open the attach file in an embedded mode

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add ability to customize Apple Touch Bar for PPT. It would be great to be able to include forward and back arrows

Apple Touch Bar is now supported for PowerPoint, but there is no capability to customize the Touch Bar. We need this ability to fully exploit PowerPoint with Touch Bar, particularly when using it with the new Sidecar capability. Particularly useful would be the ability to include Forward and Backward keys on the Touch Bar so that a PowerPoint presentation could be advanced (from one slide to the next, or backward) by using the Touch Bar when the presentation is being shown on an iPad that is being used in Side Car mode.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Animation Grouping

Can we have please group animations from the same object?
    For eg. one object has five different animations, then the ability to group those five animations into one group.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4K export for movies

Please add a 4K movie export for powerpoint like in office for windows.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Custom Quick Access Toolbar to be placed below ribbon like in PC (with short keys)

PC QAT was a super efficient way to format slides and achieve uniformity across slides, presentations. It was placed right where one can simply click next to slide. Alternatively, one just had to memorize the custom shortkey (Alt+1, Alt +2 ...etc.)
    In Mac, the placement is odd, right at the top & needs too many clicks there to access options. Further, the shortcut keys require pressing 3 buttons to achieve what can be done by 2 simultaneous keys in PC.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Opening an embedded PowerPoint file in Excel documents

Hi.
    I work for a large Digital services firm. Many of my customers embeds a Powerpoint file inside an Excel document. Unfortunately, when I try to open the PPT file it won't open, because I've been told Office for Mac currently don't support embedded PPT.

Can Microsoft fix this in the future?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Paste Special Linked water fall graph from excel to Powerpoint.

With the new Waterfall Graph in excel you can not paste a linked graph into Powerpoint.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rounded corners on tables

When designing tables you don't have the option to change the corners instead of making them always square. I think it would be great to have more options for tables, etc.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rich text formatting in Notes section (highlight, color, font size)

Can no longer adjust font size in notes window. Major bummer!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. After a presentation is saved, the producer should be able to make recording adjustments to a single slide rather that redoing everything.

This idea will allow presenters to re-record on a single slide without having to redo the entire presentation.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adding a history toolbar drop down menu for last 10-15 commands / actions

In creating slides for an image filled teaching lecture would like to access my last actions because they usually repeat for each slide I make. I think a drop down button showing last options would be useful to me. Once there was a box with image manager where size, position, crop were on in one place

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add animation before slide transition (or automate slide transition after click-activated animation is done playing))

I frequently find myself wanting an exit animation for the content of my slide immediately before the transition to the next slide (for example, the text might zoom out of view before the whole slide dissolves). Currently, the only way to do this is to duplicate the slide and set automatic timings on the duplicate, which means that if anyone wants to edit the slide, they must edit both copies. It would be really nice if you could tell Powerpoint to advance the slide after a certain animation plays (maybe a special "advance slide" event in the animation timeline?) or…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base