PowerPoint Feedback by UserVoice

PowerPoint for Mac

Welcome to the PowerPoint for Mac feedback forum! We love hearing from our customers . This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of PowerPoint ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your ideas and suggestions. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy,including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas,copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

🛠 🐞If you think you have found a bug, please send us feedback in-app instead! To do so, please click “File”, then “Feedback”, then“Send a Frown” in PowerPoint. This way, we will get detailed information that will help us better diagnose the problem. 🐞 🛠

1. Support ligatures in PowerPoint for macOS

Just like Keynote or Word does it, ligatures such as "Fi" of "Ff" should be automatically formatted by PowerPoint on the Mac. Pretty much every font supports them. This being 21st century, text—especially in headings—looks unprofessional without ligatures.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add half circle to basic shapes

Please add a half circle to the basic shapes

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Vector files to PPT

The design community readily relies on the MAC and Adobe Illustrator for designing, meaning entire page layouts, not just artwork/shapes. I have tried different conversion options for MAC AI to PPT and none work properly. The ability to convert an entire page, pulling over the artwork and text all at once, without disturbance to the layout would be a huge bonus to PPT capabilities.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow user to set shadow default

I find it ridiculous that you force every new object to have a shadow. Please add a preference item for the user to choose "no shadow" by default.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Embed Powerpoint Presentation as object in a Powerpoint Presentation

In Powerpoint on a PC, you can embed a Powerpoint presentation as an object into another Powerpoint presentation. You can't do it on a Mac. You can only embed an excel or Word doc, not a powerpoint. That's crazy! I've suggested this a year ago and nothing has happened with it. It is a real problem. I have to hold on to my old PC just to embed a powerpoint file for my clients. Please, please, please fix this

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please allow MathType or similar equation editor to be integrated into powerpoint for mac

The built in equation editor is not good. I would love microsoft equation 3.0 to be back. Either that or equation editors like MathType should be made integrable in powerpoint. I wish there were an integrated program to type in latex equation into powerpoint.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable Exportation of All PowerPoint Notes

I think it would be great if one could export all PowerPoint notes to PDF when converting. Currently, if one exports a PowerPoint to PDF using a Mac, only the notes on the notes page will export. Any notes that run off the page will get cut off. However, if converting using a PC, those same notes will just be rolled over to another page. I think that PowerPoint for Mac should have the same capabilities as PowerPoint for PCs.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make SOME new transitions and animations - we've had the same options for 10+ years

Just use Keynote or Prezi one time and you'll quickly see a long list of COOL transitions and animations. PPTX has had the same basic animations and transitions for more than 10 years. They're all very basic, and we've seen them all for years and years. I think PPTX would DOMINATE the market with a little design effort in this area

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add more connector points to shapes

Please add more points on shapes for connectors to linlt to.
    For example on the corners of rectangles and go from eight to sixteen on circles...

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PowerPoint en mac No tiene habilitada la opción de grabar presentaciones con la webcam .

The option to record whit the webcam in PowerPoint in mac is not

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dynamic table of contents based on sections

The idea is pretty simple and - I think - useful: auto-generate table of contents (ToC) based on the name of each section in PowerPoint.

For example, you have three sections: introduction, sample projects, and further reading. The aut-ToC would allow you to insert a ToC including the names of each section, and e.g. the number of the first slide in that section (1,8,15), and potentially other info (e.g. number of slides in that section). As you add/remove/change the sections and their names, the ToC would adjust automatically.

There would be different lay-outs for the ToC, e.g. with bullets points,…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please provide possibility to export powerpoint as mp4 on mac -with embedded video and narration

After creating the whole presentation, to find out that this is not possible is, needless to say, a shock.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove hidden slides from slide count in Presenter View

Do not include unshown slides in total slides number in presenter's view. I can not tell how may slides left to be presented as 2011v.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the ability to insert field codes to the slide footer such as filename

When inserting a slide footer it would be nice if the feature would function similar to Word. For example, in Word you can add field codes to automatically add a filename to the footer. Today, Word, Excel and Powerpoint all use different ways to create headers and footers. It would be great i they all shared some consistency for this feature.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Cross platform issue: allow PPT file embedding in Word

I see a number of word document with embedded PPT files. We should be able to edit embedded ppt slide in MS Word 2016 for Mac AND embed new pptx files on word too.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. RECORDING ON POWER POINT IS NOT CONSISTENT, NOT WORKING, VERY UNRELIABLE AND TIME WASTING

RECORDING ON POWER POINT IS NOT CONSISTENT, NOT WORKING, VERY UNRELIABLE AND TIME WASTING

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please put in show all slides on the presenter view

So, for some reason the navigation pane on the presenter view will only show the first seven slides and then I can't see any of the slides. So if I want to go back to some slide, I don't know what to click on cause I can't see it. I will be able to do this if I can see all slides, or if the mac PowerPoint has a show all slides button/icon like windows. Please put it in!!!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Real-time collaboration on desktop Mac PowerPoint

Allow real-time collaboration of desktop version of PowerPoint on the Mac with the PC desktop version.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please allow movie and mp4 playbacks on Macs. This feature should be available to all consumers

Please allow movie and mp4 playbacks on Macs. This feature should be available to all consumers

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

PowerPoint for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base