How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Support for Embedded fonts

Allow powerpoint for mac to support embedded fonts like on windows and previous versions. It makes the format a lot more portable that way, otherwise we end up having to only use pdf files to share.

4,072 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Erick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

RENDERING FOR EMBEDDED FONTS NOW AVAILABLE ON MAC PPT!

After much anticipation, the PowerPoint for Mac product team is pleased to announce that as of 2/21/2018, rendering support for embedded fonts has officially shipped to Office 2016 builds >= 16.10.210.0. This functionality is available for both perpetual and subscription (Office 365) users.

With embedded fonts rendering support, PowerPoint for Mac will properly display fonts that were embedded on the Windows version of PowerPoint. You can now rest assured that your slides will look the same on all platforms – no more surprises!

At this time, the embedded fonts feature is limited to rendering support only and does not allow you to save embedded fonts from within PowerPoint for Mac. Full support for saving embedded fonts on Mac is currently in progress (exact ETA is still TBD). The team will plan to post updates periodically so please stay tuned.

Thank you for your patience and feedback! If there are additional features you’d like to see in the product, please add or vote for them on the Mac PowerPoint UserVoice site as this helps the team prioritize our backlog.

509 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with many of the people below--the big win will be able to create on a Mac and have fonts render regardless of platform. Getting there but not quite there yet!

• Erica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the others, the key element of this request was the ability to embed fonts on Macs to be readable on a PC. This is a baby step in the right direction, but doesn't address the crux of the functionality issue.

• G. Cardioid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a perfect soulution for me. My Mac is used by multiple users that bring in their PPT. Now as long as fonts are embedded by them we are good.

Look forward to the ability to embed on Mac end as well.

Thanks for sending the good news!

Looking forward to the day that I can actually use my Mac to actually author Powerpoints with the mandatory corporate fonts.

• Nandor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, I think that a large majority of people who voted to "Support embedded fonts" on Powerpoint for Mac, meant to be able to embed on the Mac side and have it come out useable on a PC> This is because designers by majority use Macs. Clients by large majority use PCs. Designers have a lot of fonts that we design into documents for client. Unfortunately the clients open the design we create for them and our designs end up looking like a trainwreck. I don;t think there's goingt o be many PC user out there going " Ahhh thank GOD finally my mac users can see the full suite of Comic Sans I've embedded into our letterhead...."

Still - full points for trying - hope that helps.

OMG WOW... I'M FLOORED. Thank you Microsoft for increasing the functionality of Mac based Office!!

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you MS!!! Now, how about support for animated 3D transitions on Mac as well :)

I am happy to hear this, but it's the ability to embed on the Mac that I really need. It's good to know you are working on it. Could we chip in and pay a little overtime for the crew?

• Nick S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with the above... we work in an environment with both Windows and Mac... and it's frustrating to be unable to embed fonts for consistency across those systems.

• Saif Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank goodness something is happening! It should be rolled out as a forced update to every Office 365 user as soon as it is released! it would solve a lot of headaches. Well done MS for finally doing it <3

• Amir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Embed fonts in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac - WHY NOT AVAILABLE?

Unbeleivable! I just spent more than 250€ for a recent version of Office for small companies, expecting improvements and it is exactly the opposite. I can't reproduce my company graphic identity. I'm sent back far far far in old ages!
        It is not only unbeleivable, it is almost a rip off. Please move fast it is urgent.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base