How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Support for Embedded fonts

Allow powerpoint for mac to support embedded fonts like on windows and previous versions. It makes the format a lot more portable that way, otherwise we end up having to only use pdf files to share.

4,071 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Erick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

494 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed with the above... we work in an environment with both Windows and Mac... and it's frustrating to be unable to embed fonts for consistency across those systems.

• Saif Ahmed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank goodness something is happening! It should be rolled out as a forced update to every Office 365 user as soon as it is released! it would solve a lot of headaches. Well done MS for finally doing it <3

• Amir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Embed fonts in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac - WHY NOT AVAILABLE?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbeleivable! I just spent more than 250€ for a recent version of Office for small companies, expecting improvements and it is exactly the opposite. I can't reproduce my company graphic identity. I'm sent back far far far in old ages!
        It is not only unbeleivable, it is almost a rip off. Please move fast it is urgent.

Fully Agreed. We use a licensed and purchased font that will not be on 99.9% of machines that may want to see the deck. I would prefer not to have to worry about whether they see the slides correctly formatted.

You have to manually change fonts back to the third-party font even if you saved it out with the correct font.

• Rick D Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to use a font and not have it change for portability. My presentation almost cost me ALOT of money and a HUGE embarrassment with a UK production. Its silly not have it automatic.

Embed fonts would alleviate a lot of headaches when working on a network of mixed Macs and PCs

• Designer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a designer, I create presentations and send them to clients to display from their computer. There is a good chance that missing fonts are an issue going from one machine to another. Having the ability to embed fonts or convert them to curves or outlines would alleviate this problem.

• Matthew Cadiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add support for this! The lack of this feature creates a huge headache for our company.

• Layne Ransom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that this isn't already a feature is a ridiculous and massive oversight. Having to create slides in another imaging software to then place into Powerpoint to ensure fonts stay intact is a headache as a designer. Especially given this is the Mac compatible version of software, I'm f*cking blown away this feature wouldn't already be included. Total ripoff.

• Amy Bradley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Embedding fonts in files is a must-have for designers as well as companies who want their presentations to adhere to company CD guidelines - among other things, to make it possible to pass files back and forth between various people (or employees) without the fonts changing depending on which fonts are installed on each computer (and also of course which Operating System is being used). The fact that it is in the meantime possible to use nearly any font you want on your website, but not in PowerPoint, is just sad.

• Phil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't embed fonts on a Mac AND can't embed them in PowerPoint Online. It's in my mind to say 'WTF?', instead I shall say 'Please find a way to enable this necessary feature - not having it makes a mockery of file sharing, thank you'.

• FDube commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's available on PC, on previous office version so It's quite a mystery why we have to post here to make you realize this is important... as it seems important in every other office versions. :/

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base