How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Support for Embedded fonts

Allow powerpoint for mac to support embedded fonts like on windows and previous versions. It makes the format a lot more portable that way, otherwise we end up having to only use pdf files to share.

4,619 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Erick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

After flighting the Font Embedding feature to Office Insiders for almost two months, we now officially enabled it for the rest of the Office 365 subscribers! Please update to build 16.17.180909 or higher, and try embedding fonts in your presentations, so wherever your files goes, your fonts go too :)

Please see this article for more information on the feature:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/embedded-fonts-in-powerpoint-for-mac-53046a60-0111-4ca4-bb58-26be3926a9d3

Again, thank you for your support to our product! Please keep voting for the other features on your wish list.

Cheers!
    PowerPoint Team

737 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This new feature isn't working for me. I've followed the instructions, I'm on 365, I've updated to the latest version, but I'm not getting the Font Embedding dialogue in Preferences > Outputs > Save. Why won't this work?!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are emdeded fonts still read-only for other people engaging or editing the presentation file?

• Ronn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be greatly appreciated if this feature would be made available for Office 2016 users other than Office 365 subscribers.

We've waited for so long.

Thank you for the update. On my work computer, I still have Office 2016, rather than 365. Do you have a timeline for when this feature will be added to that package?

• Ehab Amer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes.. make it possible to embed fonts in PowerPoint on mac
        come on we are in 2018 what are you wating for? just make it happen.

Please make it possible to embed fonts in PowerPoint on mac. This is a high priority for me!

Need to add support for embedding your own fonts on Mac. I want to create ppts that match my brave guidelines. This is possible on websites, why is it not possible on PowerPoint? Seems like it's even supported on PowerPoint for Windows.

I have not been able to get this working to a point where I need it to. The fonts are read only.

Very happy that Microsoft now allows embedding of fonts.

Next up:
        1) Ability to search for specific fonts used in .ppt and replace on a character-by-character basis (not just a global replace)
        2) Ability to embed certain fonts and not others - seems like some of the .ppt have lots of unused fonts being embedded which makes file too large.

This is a pretty critical feature. It's not hard to embed a font in a website, so why is it hard to embed it in a PPT?

• Marsha Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this even a question? Of course it's a required functionality. It is short sighted to think that the majority of decks are presented using the computer they were created on. Is this a difficult thing to provide?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37

Feedback and Knowledge Base