How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Why is there no developer tab in PowerPoint 2016?

There has alway been a Developer Tab in Office 2011 and I believe 2008 as well Yet there is none. Return it if if you're not planning customization to Ribbon tabs.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Phillip M. Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminPowerPoint Product Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion! The developer options in PowerPoint are to add/create macros, and load/run add-ins. Given that there are other entry points to these commands, such as from the Tools menu or in the View Ribbon tab, we felt it was not necessary to include a developer tab. Thanks again for your time and your votes!

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost most of powerpoint users need to use YouTube video or website that is embedded in the slides. Why don't the MS developers know about that? The developer tab should be resurrected! Or at least allow users to embed Youtube or website into the slides. Listen to your customers!

That's why I hate MS... They are no longer innovative... They don't read technology trends and customers needs. Sad...

The developer option also allowed you to imbed YouTube videos into presentations. Where is the "entry point" to this command?

It is ridiculous that the latest powerpoint versions from Microsoft have no apparent ability to imbed youtube videos in the presentations. what happened to the developer options capability!!! I now need to call Microsoft and ask them for an old version of Powerpoint? Ridiculous!

Technology supposed to go advance but ms office kill developer tab in PowerPoint for Mac 2016 ? Sad

Feedback and Knowledge Base