Ability to lock items on a slide
In Keynote, you can lock items so they won't move. Can you implement that in PowerPoint?
Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion and will consider it in future planning rounds.
Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!
PLEASE do this. This issue is quite literally ruining my life. Dramatic? Yep, but sadly true.
So frustrating that this is still a problem. Add an object lock, PPT. In every other layout software it is standard.
This should not still be missing!!!!
Please add a lock layer/object feature for Mac and PC! You are way behind any other layout program.
LOCK OBJECT OPTION!!! LOCK OBJECT OPTION!!! LOCK OBJECT OPTION!!!... and also no automatic shadow on objects please!!!!
Kenji Lamb commented
I'm probably going to open another suggestion, but this is close to what I'm looking for. I need to protect/lock elements in a slide so that others can't edit the content. This is to comply with the use and distribution of files (such as vector images from FreePic.com) which don't allow you to distribute their content without it being locked for editing - a serious problem for template resources we develop and distribute to colleges in Scotland.
Please add the lock layer/object feature for Mac and PC!
John Wilson commented
Mac and PC!
Please!!! Easy to do and hard to live without. Just add a lock toggle to the Selection Pane, that would do nicely.
Make locking place, size of text boxes available with locked font attributes.
Creating corporate, global templates (that not get accidentally "redesigned" by non-Powerpoint specialists) would be possible. This is a real issue at my company.
Leah Williams commented
I'm a professional PowerPoint designer in NYC, so I use it every day. Would be great if you could do the following. (btw -- the new update - is a lot better!)
1. Lock items
2. Be able decrease character spacing less than 1.0
3. Be able to make more than one picture transparent at the same time
4. Get rid of the default setting that increases the size of the slide sorter view (in the left hand bar) - I don't want to reset this every time I design a deck
5. When cropping an image into a shape - make the cropping tool open so you can continue to resize it and not have to click it twice
6. Sometimes the slide sorter restarts at the top of the deck when you're formatting at the bottom of the deck - please remove this
7. Add in a copy style feature (like in Keynote) -- I don't have time to format everything in the Master
Give us the ability to lock a shape's
Position, Size, Grouping, Rotation, Selection, Text Editing, Shape Type, Editing Points, Arrowheads, Adjust Handles. Be certain to include the ability to UN-lock those shapes as well. This is much needed for editing contents of a PPT slide.