How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Animation Timeline

Please add the advanced animation timeline view (that is available in the PC version) so that you can see all the animations on a slide laid out visually.

75 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steven shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion and will consider it in future planning rounds.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Samiah Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Appear animation letter by letter - In Powerpoint for Mac 2016 there is not an option to adjust the length of time between letters. On other versions this is give by "seconds delay between letters". Would be useful to have this in.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PowerPoint suggestion: Sometimes the easiest way to do a complex set of animations for a slide is to continue over multiple slides. In that case, it would be good if there were a way to get those slides to all show the same number.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a UX design and I used to work with PPT on pc
        In my new work we work with MAC
        And since all of the missing feature on mac (animation timeline is one of the importance for me)
        I am forced to use with different programs

• Daniel Schulz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When animating multiple object, its impecable to know in what order the current selected object is located.

When I click on an object on the slide please highlight all animations for this object in the animation pane (just like in the windows version)

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The most frustrating thing. I am a designer and work with non designers who use PC's so they want me to work on PPT to appease these people.

I cannot do most of the advanced animation I need to do in this program. As a result I do not want to use it and it just becomes a source of frustration.

If you want to appeal to anybody beyond a basic PPT user including designers PLEASE bring the more advanced features including the TIMELINE VIEW into the Mac version.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Powerpoint 2011 allowed the Animation Pane icon to appear in the Quick Access Toolbar, which proved very helpful. in 2016, one must select the Animations TAB and then click on the icon. Annoying change from something that worked well before.

• Joe Nersveen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having 14 randomly assigned "object ##" to animation elements (half of which have the IDENTICAL OBJECT ## - even though they're totally different objects) makes it VERY DIFFICULT to animate anything besides just a few elements, and the lack of a SELECTION AND VISIBILITY option on the MAC version of PPTX 2016, only makes it more user unfriendly. AT THE VERY LEAST make animation object names customizable so WE can do something that makes sense.

• Amanda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With PPT 2016 for Mac, if you group objects together, and then apply an animation, it won't animate the grouped object as a whole, but apply the animation to each individual item in the group. If I group an object and apply an animation, it's because I want the WHOLE thing to animate together as one. Most noticeable with Wipe and Wheel effects.

Feedback and Knowledge Base