How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Ability to trim audio clip

Please add the ability to trim audio and videos. It saves a bunch of time.

313 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Luis Martinez shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all the comments...PLEASE ADD TRIM AUDIO TO PP FOR MAC. Why wouldn't it be there already?

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very disappointing that this feature isn't available in PowerPoint for Mac. Ridiculous that I have to revert to my old Windows machine to do this. So many features of Office for Mac seem substandard, except the price.

Please add audio/video trimming tool because it is on windows devices and presentations are much more difficult to make without it

Please consider adding the possibility to trim an audio in Power Point for Mac. It will be extremely helpful. Thank you.

• Brian Chapman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the PC I have been able to trim a video for years, but to my dismay with my new Mac and new 2016 powerpoint it is not possible. Please fix

I can't complete my presentation effectively without that tool. Audio trimming is so necessary.

• Lauren ford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unhappy with how outdates Mac's Microsoft is...ridiculous to pay this much and receive terrible software for it

• Charlotte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very disappointed that I cannot trim audio clips in Mac Power Point. I've watched videos of people using the Trim Audio button under Playback, but this option is no longer available! As a teacher this is very frustrating, as I would like to engage my auditory learners during lessons! Please fix quickly!

For particularly long slides (with many animations) a single misspoken word near the end can require a complete re-recording of the whole slide ("take 27!"). It would be good to be able to edit arbitrary parts, but event the simple approach of pausing, rewinding a few seconds, and continuing recording, would be greatly appreciated.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I switched from PC to Mac. When I had PC I would use powerpoint often to trim video & audio. Please make this option available 4 Mac.

• Marty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I won't be renewing my Office 365 subscription unless the trim feature is added to Powerpoint.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow trimming of audio clips in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base