How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Vector images from Illustrator

To be able to insert a vector file created in Illustrator in PowerPoint and be able to ungroup the vector so the vector shape can be coloured within PowerPoint. At the moment this can only be done on a PC version of PowerPoint.

72 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CarmelCarmel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • NDND commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I try to avoid using any microsoft products exactly because of issues like this.designers hate using your tools, and you don't give us any good reason to do so.

• AntoniaAntonia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can´t believe you have to go to a PC in order to ungroup and then to a mac. What if I don´t have a PC???
        This is ridiculous.

• Jonathan MenonJonathan Menon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bill, did you see this about making it work in Mc PowerPoint? This guy has basically done all the ungrouping in PPT for Windows, then regrouped and transferred the file to his Mac PPT, which can then ungroup it. I wish I had a PC to do this with, but if you use a work PC, you should be able to do it.

https://powerpoint.uservoice.com/forums/288925-powerpoint-for-mac/suggestions/10993569-vector-images-from-illustrator

• John KorchokJohn Korchok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just Illustrator objects, ungrouping should work with any vector format (EPS, PDF, EMF, WMF, etc.)

• CarlaCarla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a teacher and I work every day with powerpoint. I am disappointed with this issue. This is not only important for the designers but also for teachers who do not normally work with editing programs.

• Lily RoblesLily Robles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would make designers want to work more in powerpoint bc clients need to be able to edit. Huge advantage if MS could make this work!

• BillBill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was so upset to discover that this option is not available on PowerPoint Mac version. How it is possible to continue your work on a project, if you have a PC in the office and Mac at home. PLease add this option as soon as possible.

Regards

• J GJ G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is NEEDED. Many designers work on Mac and to have to go over to a PC is ridiculous. Prioritize your mac software too!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! This would be MOST useful. I have only recently changed from PC PowerPoint to PowerPoint from Mac and it is so frustrating that I can no longer do this. I'm using up all my votes for this to help bump it up the queue! :-)

Feedback and Knowledge Base