How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Bring Developer Tab to PowerPoint for Mac

Put a Developer's Tab in PowerPoint for mac.

335 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! Though PowerPoint for Mac 2016 does not include a dedicated Developer tab like PowerPoint for Mac 2011, the developer tools are still available.

These tools can be found here:
    - Editor: Choose the Tools | Macro | Visual Basic Editor option
    - Macros: Choose the Tools | Macro | Macros… option
    - Add-Ins: Choose the Tools | Add-Ins… option

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If having a dedicated Developer tab is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hamad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need to control my template please add the tab of developer.

• Oh!!! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So ridiculous!!!!
        Don't discreminate Mac User.
        Why you make much inconvinient version than Windows, Microsoft?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am starting to develop an app that must run under PowerPoint. The developer tab provides consistency between windows and mac versions.

I beg your pardon, but the Administrateur response must be a joke!? I've tried it, no way to find ALL the developper's possibilities we previously had. Is that a progress? (I am very angry with Microsoft)

I still don't understand why the Developer Tab disappeared. Microsoft love to turn his regular clients crazy ?

I need a way to keep elements in my master slide on top.

I want to be able to place a picture and keep the logo in my master slide on top.
        I want it the easiest way to control an easy and correct use by colleagues

• ER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

need developer tab. Why on earth would you delete from Mac?!

...'we felt it was not necessary to include a developer tab' - when you feel something and you implement it, we are talking about Art and not technical subjects.

Anyway please let me know how can I change a language in a whole ppt template without a dev tab? And without selecting text boxes from 300 slides. Thanks

No developer tab on Powerpoint. Without it I can't play an mp4 and control the play rate

• Bob Cancilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Windows at the office, but MAC OSx at home. I want to be able to work on Office documents and presentations at home and need as much compatibility as possible on the MAC version.

I'm trying to use Powerpoint to prototype web applications. Specifically I want to be able to implement working dropdown boxes in PowerPoint

• Luis Galindo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include the Developer tab in PowerPoint for Mac, it a very useful tool to include Flash videos...

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base