How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Embed live webpages into PPT

Put simply, beyond embedding video (e.g., YouTube), it's crucial to allow embedding a live webpage on slides - not just a hyperlink, but a secure interactive page.

There are many reasons - teaching, grabbing the latest news or stock information, etc.

This is *already* possible in Windows..

It's possible in Office 2013 on Windows to embed a live (secure) website into PowerPoint (http://speakingpractically.com/2015/06/01/need-to-show-a-website-while-you-present-two-quick-tricks-using-powerpoint/). There's also been a *very* popular Add-In (LiveWeb - http://skp.mvps.org/liveweb.htm)

561 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Geoff Hutchison shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion to support live web page embedding and will consider it in future planning rounds.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just want to embed a scientific calculator to use on powerpoint when teaching Chemistry.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto. I used to be able to link to a webpage and display it without having to leave powerpoint while using presenters view. I can't now. So, as you update, please make sure it works in PRESENTER VIEW.

• KM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much needed in the Mac version! Get with the times!

LiveSlides doesnt work with powerpoint online, so out of the box support would be nice...

the people from poll everywhere made an add-in that works (LiveSlides)... it doesn't format the webpage to be slide-sized, but that might be on purpose.

• B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Team Microsoft: any update on launching a PowerPoint add-in for Mac so people can embed a web page into slides? It's been two years since it was requested on this forum! (There is a third party tool called liveslides but it does not work well for me). This is TOO IMPORTANT to ignore).

Adding to the chorus. Please add! Web pages are often resources, embedding them in Mac PPT would make this loyal Mac girl's day.

• Yanick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh God !! you made my day !! usually not commenting but here,no choice to send a big big thanks !!!
        Great !

This is an essential function, available only in the Windows environment. Please fix for Macs.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...I can't believe it's been 7 months and we are still even talking about this issue. Is this a situation where I have to run BootCamp? There's nothing like forcing your sweet machine to behave like an over-priced, 3rd-rate knock off. I have always thought Macs were better... aren't we? >sigh<

It's not make any sense. You have to allow embedding videos from web into powerpoint for mac. A lot of teachers use this alternative. Please!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base