How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Add Hyperlink support for PDFs made from PowerPoint

It's a little crazy that hyperlinks get stripped out upon making a PDF.
We really need them to carry over like they always have on the PC.

75 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nolan Haims shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Laurent Breillat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the latest update installed, and I can confirm THIS IS NOT FIXED.

Hyperlinks on shapes don't work at all. They do work on text now (after 5 years of the whole internet complaining), but it's impossible to get rid of the underline on a link, because, drumroll please... the solution in Office support is to create a shape !

(see here : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/remove-the-underline-from-hyperlink-text-28d22daa-7897-4091-9168-d6a12d523874)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is NOT completed for shapes & pictures, I've wasted ton of time finding a windows computer to export it properly.

• John Korchok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hyperlinks are stripped from shapes in PowerPoint 2011 and 2016. Hyperlinked shapes work as expected in the Windows version, so this is still a problem

• Brad Chamberlain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to work on my Mac version of Powerpoint, but does not seem to anymore (I'm running version 16.16.2). A colleague running 16.12 says it works for him.

• Michiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"In Office 2016, PDFs generated from PowerPoint do support hyperlinks. This feature can be found in PowerPoint for Mac today."

If that's so, than why can't I export/print PowerPoint presentations as PDF with working hyperlinks in ffice 365? It just doesn't work. We're considering moving away from MS Office entirely just because of this issue. The whole internet is full with complaints about this issue and workarounds doesn't seem to work. Can someone please explain why is it impossible to fix this issue?

• Mareike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please please add Hyperlinks in PDF when converted from Word or PowerPoint with Mac

Also on a windows PC it does not function.
        You can print tp PDF, then the URL works.
        BUT then you can NOT combine the dia with the remarks/notes

• Mac Hale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A common use case for which I have no easy work around. Keynote does not preserver formatting well enough, and my employers rules do not allow use of online converters. Editing the PDFs directly is not practical with some of my slide decks having dozens of test strings with underlying hyperlinks.

• Yelena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I totally support this idea. In the PowerPoint presentation I build in hyperlinks for websites, emails and links to jump from the slides to other slides. Since not our clients have PowerPoint software, it would be great to be able to convert it to PDF with all those links still working. This capability already exists in KeyNote so I assume it shouldn't be that difficult to add this.

• Kerstin Kleinherne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible that Hyperlinks (to a Website, E-Mail etc.) still work when you export a PDF out of PowerPoint on Mac.

This is such a very COMMON need - VERY disappointing that Microsoft still haven't fixed this!

This has been a problem with PowerPoint on Mac for more than FIVE YEARS. It has been reported time and again. It doesn't happen if you open the PPT file in Keynote and print as PDF from there (but of course then the formatting will be imperfect because of the translation to Keynote). It is difficult to understand why such a widely reported and longstanding problem has gone unfixed.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base