How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

495 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS SHOULD NOT SHOW AS COMPLETED BECAUSE IT IS STILL NOT WORKING

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Narration is not transferred when exporting ppt to video!!! PLEASE FIX THIS

• Judith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help! My group assignment is due tomorrow and I have been adjusting the animations to be timed with the audio all day but now when I try to save as mp4 or mov I lose the audio! What do I do??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem still exists! Waisted a whole day trying to get my audio-timings right only to find that my video exported with no sound and with the audio icon present on all slides even though I selected to hide the icon! Aghhh!

Is there a solution to this audio conversion problem yet?! I am fully updated and need to convert a PPT to MOV or MP4 for inclusion on our website ASAP and the sound does not play. Please advise.

• JM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another victim of this ridiculous lack of audio for conversion to MP4... yes hours spent, yes shocked that when I thought I was don that it doesn't work an yes that I am done and yes that it due in a few hours with no solution for this colossal flaw in PPT for Mac... I hate Office 365!

I'm using Office 365 PowerPoint for Mac version 16.22 and it's not working. Extremely frustrated as my deadline is tomorrow.

• shari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it doesn't export audio. very frustrating! Hours of my time have been wasted on this mess.I'm in school and now may miss my deadline due to this. UG!! I see many similar comments since admin's last comment in november 2018. Why no response?

I'm trying to do this with 16.22 Mac and it still does not export to mp4 with audio... so clearly not fixed.

• Corina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I am using Power Point version 16.21 on Mac and the audio still does not carry through in the export to video. Have you removed this feature again????? What do you propose as a solution to having the video of the presentation including the imbedded audio files? Please help!

• Toni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using 16.21 and it did work in December and first part of January 2019. On January 30, it now isn't workin

• Jayne De Sesa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have Powerpoint 365 on OS 10.14.2 Mojave. When I export as an MP4 or Video, it doesn't play the embedded video even though I have it set to play automatically. Apparently it works fine on a PC -- give us Mac people the same services as those on PCs! We pay the same amount of money, don't we?

I switched from PowerPoint 2016 to PowerPoint 365 so I could export mp4 files at work. I just exported my PowerPoint to mp4 and was so excited to finally be able to do this, but there was no audio! Other settings (such as having the sound icon "Hide During Show"), did not export, either. This is baffling. It's been wasting so much of my time and has been so frustrating, as I'm expected to be able to complete these tasks as part of my job. Please give Macs the same features as PCs!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base