How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

471 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Presentations previously made (in older version) that did not work, now work. New presentations in version 16.19 do not work as advertised. Done. Looking for my Keynote application.

• sir_daz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The solution is of course to run a Windows laptop alongside your Mac, for exporting multi-media presentations from PowerPoint.
        Windows PowerPoint is better at PDFs too.
        But this is hardly what you expect to hear when you buy a MacBook and subscribe to Office 365!
        And not practical to lug extra kit around when on the road.

• sir_daz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, this fix needs to apply to ALL media files, not just Narrations.
        I just updated to 16.19 and it still can't export a music track with my slideshow to MP4.

• T Custer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Mac users who have Keynote who are trying to export their video with audio, there is a solution. Open your presentation in Keynote, and then go to:
        Export To > Movie

From there you have the option to choose how many seconds are between each slide and video resolution. Simply choose "0" if you want each slide to transition right after another.

The settings we chose were:
        Playback: Self-Playing
        Go to next slide after: 0 seconds
        Go to next build after: 0 seconds

Resolution: 1080p (or chose 720 if you're not concerned about resolution quality)

Mac prevails.

Haven't made anything new, but the older presentations worked like a charm using 16.19.

• Barb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is still now sound whether using mp4 or mov. I've been working on this for literally for 2 days to no prevail. I have to submit this assignment today. So what are our options?

I created a new slideshow in mac version 16.19. I used 'record slide show' and made some audio to go with it. I went to file... export... and exported both to mp4 and mov.

No sound was exported.

This improvement is just what was needed. I've now used it and love it. Thank you! For those who need help to create the mp4, you must go to "export", find mp4, and then, it will work.

Further to previous comment, now working and loving it. Thank you for the fix.

I just updated my power point, after I received your message that it had been fixed (Mac) and went to convert to Mp4, however I no longer get the option on the menu?

I created a new slideshow in mac version 16.19. I used 'record slide show' and made some audio to go with it. I went to file... export... and exported both to mp4 and mov.

No sound was exported.

• Shari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the audio to narrations. It is very important to have.

Thanks,

Has ANYONE found a workaround? Or another program that can do this? (if I have a Mac).

please fix how to export a slide show with audio, this is causing me way to much added time

Please add this feature. I wasted roughly 2 hours today waiting for this to download only to find out that my recordings were not included... PLEASE add.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

Feedback and Knowledge Base