How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

505 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can you add sound exporting to mac .MP4. it is annoying that you are able to do so on a PC but not a Mac

• Momof2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted to share the presentation I made for my baby so everyone can watch it. However, when I converted it to MP4 or MOV there wasn’t any audio. This is frustrating!

• Use a Mac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Convert to Keynote
    Keynote to Movie
    Problem solved

Had same issue. Powerpoint wouldn't convert audio on slides. Keynote does it perfectly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a work around to this problem:
    Rehearse timings by playing the recorded audio. Save the new timings. Export to an mp4 or mov and the narration will be included.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am an Office 365 subscriber and just tried exporting a presentation with naration to mp4 (or mov) using vers 16.25 and still no audio. Please correct this issue!

• Sonia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The audio still does not work! Why the heck are you guys pretending that you fixed this?

• Kayla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have upgraded, but the audio still doesnt export with the video.

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS SHOULD NOT SHOW AS COMPLETED BECAUSE IT IS STILL NOT WORKING

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Narration is not transferred when exporting ppt to video!!! PLEASE FIX THIS

• Judith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help! My group assignment is due tomorrow and I have been adjusting the animations to be timed with the audio all day but now when I try to save as mp4 or mov I lose the audio! What do I do??

This problem still exists! Waisted a whole day trying to get my audio-timings right only to find that my video exported with no sound and with the audio icon present on all slides even though I selected to hide the icon! Aghhh!

Is there a solution to this audio conversion problem yet?! I am fully updated and need to convert a PPT to MOV or MP4 for inclusion on our website ASAP and the sound does not play. Please advise.

• JM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another victim of this ridiculous lack of audio for conversion to MP4... yes hours spent, yes shocked that when I thought I was don that it doesn't work an yes that I am done and yes that it due in a few hours with no solution for this colossal flaw in PPT for Mac... I hate Office 365!

I'm using Office 365 PowerPoint for Mac version 16.22 and it's not working. Extremely frustrated as my deadline is tomorrow.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

Feedback and Knowledge Base