How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminPowerPoint Product Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

483 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I created a new slideshow in mac version 16.19. I used 'record slide show' and made some audio to go with it. I went to file... export... and exported both to mp4 and mov.

No sound was exported.

This improvement is just what was needed. I've now used it and love it. Thank you! For those who need help to create the mp4, you must go to "export", find mp4, and then, it will work.

I just updated my power point, after I received your message that it had been fixed (Mac) and went to convert to Mp4, however I no longer get the option on the menu?

I created a new slideshow in mac version 16.19. I used 'record slide show' and made some audio to go with it. I went to file... export... and exported both to mp4 and mov.

No sound was exported.

• Shari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the audio to narrations. It is very important to have.

Thanks,

Has ANYONE found a workaround? Or another program that can do this? (if I have a Mac).

please fix how to export a slide show with audio, this is causing me way to much added time

Please add this feature. I wasted roughly 2 hours today waiting for this to download only to find out that my recordings were not included... PLEASE add.

• Raquel Pasaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make this available for Mac users. It's ridiculous that you cannot export a file with sound, when the PowerPoint can record it. I've wasted an hour or so trying to sort this out, plus will now need to record my narration again on different software. At least include an error msg... Amateur hour.

I'm somewhat surprised that, not only can audio not be exported with the mp4/MOV file, but that audio clips cannot be fine-tuned position-wise within slides. Will you please implement that functionality also. Just having a 'trim' option doesn't cut the mustard. And why, oh why, does the audio icon appear on slides exported as a movie when I choose to hide it in the presentation?

Yes, please change this. I just spent three hours creating a presentation that I cannot use. It even says upon export "include narration"... why on earth wouldn't it be there? please fix this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base