How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

471 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Raquel Pasaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make this available for Mac users. It's ridiculous that you cannot export a file with sound, when the PowerPoint can record it. I've wasted an hour or so trying to sort this out, plus will now need to record my narration again on different software. At least include an error msg... Amateur hour.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm somewhat surprised that, not only can audio not be exported with the mp4/MOV file, but that audio clips cannot be fine-tuned position-wise within slides. Will you please implement that functionality also. Just having a 'trim' option doesn't cut the mustard. And why, oh why, does the audio icon appear on slides exported as a movie when I choose to hide it in the presentation?

Yes, please change this. I just spent three hours creating a presentation that I cannot use. It even says upon export "include narration"... why on earth wouldn't it be there? please fix this.

Make this available for Mac users. It's ridiculous that you cannot export a file with sound, when the PowerPoint can record it. I've wasted an hour or so trying to sort this out, plus will now need to record my narration again on different software. At least include an error msg... Amateur hour.

• Han Stouten commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Apples are used predominantly by the professional market (Broadcasting Companies, Design Studio's & Advertising Agencies) you are currently 'missing the boat' w.r.t. the functionality to create a NARRATED video out of a recorded PowerPoint session. Would truly advise you to put some effort in this market segment as it will improve Microsoft's position in the professional media market.

This is very frustrating. I just did all that work for a school assignment, just to find out it was a waste of my time.

• Stephen Menicucci commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So why does the dialog box say "Use Recorded Timings and Narrations" if it can't use narrations? Why are you making people search the internet to figure out this feature isn't present.

I can't believe this has been almost a year and it's only under review! This is too important to not move forward! I hope that this is resolved quickly!

Wow. Unbelievable that the audio narration was stripped out of my training module. What is the workaround for this blocker?

Not sure why I would record a video that doesn't have sound. Not sure what else to say without getting snarky..

I need the presentation slides in the form of video. It is so impossible with my macbook now! Please add in.

Feedback and Knowledge Base