How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

505 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Groscurth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's official--straight from the tier two tech support from MS. No solution as of yet. They're "working on a fix" that will be available "very soon" as they know a lot of us are upset about this most-important feature.

• Chris Groscurth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been on with MS's technical support for nearly an hour, and just stumbled upon this recent thread. Looks like MS isn't doing anything about this. Sad.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just upgrade from Office 2011 JUST for that feature. I am - to be pollite - very disappointed. Now that i read that MS is aware of that bug for MORE THAN ONE YEAR and has not fixed it - i am speechless.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Joe Doe . . . No, it doesn't work in Office 365. I just purchased Office 365 because it was advertised as the only solution to exporting a ppsx, including audio, to .mov. Yeah, well, you get the .mov file, but THERE'S NO SOUND!

everyone here with a twitter and/or facebook account should scream on them at Microsoft for this kind of nonsense. STAY AWAY FROM POWERPOINT for any marketing needs unless sharing movie conversions ANYWHERE SOCIALLY LIKE YOUTUBE means nothing to you.

I've spent 3 days perfecting a business slide show with animation, carefully timed audio, etc. only to find out that exporting to mp4 has no audio. WHAT IS GOING THROUGH YOUR HEADS MICROSOFT!!!!!! I am beyond furious. And here I was considering 365 for the new business and Azure. BACK TO SQUARE 1 for me. I don't have time for this kind of nonsense... the product should have warned me somehow.. UNBELIEVABLE.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just about useless to have a program that will export a MOV or MP4 file but won't keep the audio with it. WTH!!! Should have done the project in Keynote. Cmon MS... you can do better than this.. and about the time I think you're making a great product. Should have known!!!!

When converting a PPT to video, the audio does not transfer. Please fix this issue ASAP.

I have a voice over presentation in powerpoint online....when I download it to my desktop, the voice doesnt play...I need this for work...this sucks that this doesnt work!!!

• joe doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how to save ppt2016 in video format? not available on my mac..... GRRRRR!!!

• Jean Marie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously??? Why would i want to save a video without the audio?? I will just need to open Keynote and use their recording feature then.

• joe doe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

admin s..ks, because they want us to subscribe to 365, in which the option exists and works. lousy microsoft commercial attitude. we bought 2016 for given reasons, why do you ALWAYS try to lure xyour customers? we can t wait for an alternative to your pos

• Crystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent hours recording a presentation on powerpoint and to then have to research and find out that the feature acutally is not even supported. Please fix asap.

I agree! This issue is driving me mad!!! It should be so easy but instead is a nightmare switching between windows and mac and home and work!!!

• Craig B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I had seen this earlier - I have just recorded 2 hours of narrative on Powerpoint 2016 (Mac) - waste of time. When will this be fixed?

• Alastair L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I use "Slide Show" menu > "Record Slide Show" to record somebody's presentation to my group it appends an audio slide to each file and the duration the slide was onscreen for. This can be played back in the PowerPoint application.

On the latest Mac version of PPT when I File > Export… to a video files, either mp4 or QT .mov file the resulting file is 0 KB and wont even open in QuickTime app. There is a bug and even the Microsoft help telephone line didn't have a clue what to say or do about it.

You'd expect to be able to output the same presentation you get with "Play Slide Show from Start" as a movie file when you export.

Keynote has had both the record narration and Export to movie file since it came out, as well as the feature being requested here, that embedded AV files can be started and stop using builds and that works in the play back. In fact, in Keynote the resulting QT .mov file can also be created such that it pauses before each new build until a key/mouse click advances it.

But it's really just the narration I need exported.

I'm fortunate to have a second Mac and a BMD Ultra Studio MiniReorder which I can capture the playback in PowerPoint in from the other Mac as a high quality video file. That's the other thing about exported videos I get using the 2011 version of PPT, the image quality is shocking and there's a stupid big speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner overlaying the image of all my slides where there is narration, just there to remind me that the narration has not been exported I suppose?!?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature shouldn't require an Office 365 subscription either.

Feedback and Knowledge Base