How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

475 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Angus Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just finished recording 20 minutes of audio only to discover the exported video doesn't contain my narration??? Is there a workaround?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature! This is a basic feature that would be hugely helpful in our office for professional purposes.

I can't do my job to my employer's satisfaction without the export to video function including embedded videos and narration! Please act quickly!

• Thushara Niyangoda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"How to export video from Powerpoint 2016 with recorded narration?"
        It is quite sad that Powerpoint has Forgotten the MAC users. This is a Major Missing Component. How could you expect users to continue to buy your latest versions when you release new versions without features that existed in the prior version and they are also some very important features for users?
        I find this unacceptable! and very disturbing!

I will think hard next time I upgrade my applications ! at least before I spend money!!!!!

I see the frustration of so many users who have already invested in the application. You should process refunds for all those who have made an investment for practically no reason.

• Sally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe this. I have switched to mac- and purchased outright the office just so I can have powerpoint- and now I discover after hours of recording you don't offer this basic feature!! I am completely shattered and disappointed- and contacting my apple retail store for a refund- you can't charge people for powerpoint and not offer this crucial feature.

• Rick Yager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unconscionable that this feature is missing! The video is practically useless without an audio track. Why have a checkbox that says "Use Recorded Timing and Narrations" if you can't include the narrations! I'll be cancelling my 365 subscription in short order if this feature is not included.

Please add this feature. I am trying to convert my powerpoint presentation to a movie/video but it is stalling out.

This is an absolutely essential option for me. Without it, I will be sticking to an earlier version of powerpoint, along with all 130 of y students. Why can we still not hear audio in exported videos?

This is a huge disappointment. I spent hours recording a video and now I can't export it.

While you're at it, I see that exported video without the narration is roughly 10x bigger than the original deck - that's 550MB versus 51MB. Will that be addressed too?

Hi,
        What is going on with this??? I am new ish to using the "Record audio" button in power point. yesterday I spent 8 hrs recording voice over, time and time again, to get it right. Today I move the saved .ppt file (i created in pp2013) from desktop to a folder location - and suddenly I've lost hours and hours of audio recording, i'm sorry for the expletives, but WTF?? I have spent all morning trying to find a workaround to retrieve my audio from yesterday, but now it seems that a simple move of a .ppt presentation into a folder means the loss of all audio. loss of links or whatever - the result is the same and no one can tell me where the actual audio bits are stored to find them.

HELP??

• Suzy Keys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cancelled 365 as soon as i realised what a stuff up it is. That was the same day i subscribed. Never again. I'll try the Keynote option. 'Unbelievable' is all I can say.

Feedback and Knowledge Base