How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

489 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Craig B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I had seen this earlier - I have just recorded 2 hours of narrative on Powerpoint 2016 (Mac) - waste of time. When will this be fixed?

• Alastair L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I use "Slide Show" menu > "Record Slide Show" to record somebody's presentation to my group it appends an audio slide to each file and the duration the slide was onscreen for. This can be played back in the PowerPoint application.

On the latest Mac version of PPT when I File > Export… to a video files, either mp4 or QT .mov file the resulting file is 0 KB and wont even open in QuickTime app. There is a bug and even the Microsoft help telephone line didn't have a clue what to say or do about it.

You'd expect to be able to output the same presentation you get with "Play Slide Show from Start" as a movie file when you export.

Keynote has had both the record narration and Export to movie file since it came out, as well as the feature being requested here, that embedded AV files can be started and stop using builds and that works in the play back. In fact, in Keynote the resulting QT .mov file can also be created such that it pauses before each new build until a key/mouse click advances it.

But it's really just the narration I need exported.

I'm fortunate to have a second Mac and a BMD Ultra Studio MiniReorder which I can capture the playback in PowerPoint in from the other Mac as a high quality video file. That's the other thing about exported videos I get using the 2011 version of PPT, the image quality is shocking and there's a stupid big speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner overlaying the image of all my slides where there is narration, just there to remind me that the narration has not been exported I suppose?!?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature shouldn't require an Office 365 subscription either.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did MS remove the option to covert to video from PPT? I sat on the phone with MS support for over and hour and spoke to five people (one hung up) and no one could fix it. I had both Office 356 and Office 2016 to try and get it to work properly. Fix this function for Mac users!

Again, this is not an "improvement" this is a "necessity"--also your own website and instructions indicate it works. So the fact that it doesn't is misleading and dishonest.

I am not able to export narrated Powerpoint to video. There is no audio even though it is in the PPT. This seems like a MUST not a nice to have. Why doesn't it work? Is MS going out of business?

Working on a very important project and the only thing is the audio doesn't work when exported as move or mp4. Please fix this function.

I don't have the Office 365 but only the MS Office 2016 for Mac. And this for a reason: I am not rich enough to pay for Office 365 but to purchase and legally utilize your software. I have purchased the product for God's sake. Why do you limit my software and don't let me enjoy its full capacity

• Jaso McNally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned in these comments with others. I also just signed on to the Office 365 prescriptions model and downloaded the software and installed. But I still do not have an option to export to Movie file of ANY format.

PowerPoint 2015, Ver 15.18 with Microsoft Office 365:

When I go to file and then export, it doesn't give me the option. I am unable to find an answer anywhere.

• Kristen Olson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue needs to be fixed ASAP. It's been under review for 8 MONTHS. I am an Office 365 subscriber and have installed every update, and none have fixed this.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just waited for almost an hour on the phone to Microsoft support only to find out it doesn't work on MAC. When will it be available?

• Angus Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just finished recording 20 minutes of audio only to discover the exported video doesn't contain my narration??? Is there a workaround?

Please add this feature! This is a basic feature that would be hugely helpful in our office for professional purposes.

I can't do my job to my employer's satisfaction without the export to video function including embedded videos and narration! Please act quickly!

• Thushara Niyangoda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"How to export video from Powerpoint 2016 with recorded narration?"
        It is quite sad that Powerpoint has Forgotten the MAC users. This is a Major Missing Component. How could you expect users to continue to buy your latest versions when you release new versions without features that existed in the prior version and they are also some very important features for users?
        I find this unacceptable! and very disturbing!

I will think hard next time I upgrade my applications ! at least before I spend money!!!!!

I see the frustration of so many users who have already invested in the application. You should process refunds for all those who have made an investment for practically no reason.

Feedback and Knowledge Base