How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

505 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did MS remove the option to covert to video from PPT? I sat on the phone with MS support for over and hour and spoke to five people (one hung up) and no one could fix it. I had both Office 356 and Office 2016 to try and get it to work properly. Fix this function for Mac users!

Again, this is not an "improvement" this is a "necessity"--also your own website and instructions indicate it works. So the fact that it doesn't is misleading and dishonest.

I am not able to export narrated Powerpoint to video. There is no audio even though it is in the PPT. This seems like a MUST not a nice to have. Why doesn't it work? Is MS going out of business?

Working on a very important project and the only thing is the audio doesn't work when exported as move or mp4. Please fix this function.

This has NOT been completed - it needs to be a feature on the desktop version!

I don't have the Office 365 but only the MS Office 2016 for Mac. And this for a reason: I am not rich enough to pay for Office 365 but to purchase and legally utilize your software. I have purchased the product for God's sake. Why do you limit my software and don't let me enjoy its full capacity

• Jaso McNally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned in these comments with others. I also just signed on to the Office 365 prescriptions model and downloaded the software and installed. But I still do not have an option to export to Movie file of ANY format.

PowerPoint 2015, Ver 15.18 with Microsoft Office 365:

When I go to file and then export, it doesn't give me the option. I am unable to find an answer anywhere.

• Kristen Olson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue needs to be fixed ASAP. It's been under review for 8 MONTHS. I am an Office 365 subscriber and have installed every update, and none have fixed this.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just waited for almost an hour on the phone to Microsoft support only to find out it doesn't work on MAC. When will it be available?

• Angus Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you open the PPT presentation in Keynote it will export perfectly with recorded narration.

• Angus Thomson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just finished recording 20 minutes of audio only to discover the exported video doesn't contain my narration??? Is there a workaround?

Please add this feature! This is a basic feature that would be hugely helpful in our office for professional purposes.

I can't do my job to my employer's satisfaction without the export to video function including embedded videos and narration! Please act quickly!

• Thushara Niyangoda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"How to export video from Powerpoint 2016 with recorded narration?"
    It is quite sad that Powerpoint has Forgotten the MAC users. This is a Major Missing Component. How could you expect users to continue to buy your latest versions when you release new versions without features that existed in the prior version and they are also some very important features for users?
    I find this unacceptable! and very disturbing!

I will think hard next time I upgrade my applications ! at least before I spend money!!!!!

I see the frustration of so many users who have already invested in the application. You should process refunds for all those who have made an investment for practically no reason.

• Sally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe this. I have switched to mac- and purchased outright the office just so I can have powerpoint- and now I discover after hours of recording you don't offer this basic feature!! I am completely shattered and disappointed- and contacting my apple retail store for a refund- you can't charge people for powerpoint and not offer this crucial feature.

• Rick Yager commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is unconscionable that this feature is missing! The video is practically useless without an audio track. Why have a checkbox that says "Use Recorded Timing and Narrations" if you can't include the narrations! I'll be cancelling my 365 subscription in short order if this feature is not included.

Feedback and Knowledge Base