How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

475 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt Clare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If can't the be fixed could the "..and Narrations" be removed from the checkbox in the Export dialogue labelled "Use Recorded Timings and Narrations"?

• Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So important: to export a presentation as a video clip! And: to shorten an audio clip – all things you can do in the pc version!

• Dannielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please revisit and prioritize allowing audio to be exported in powerpoint recorded videos. It only makes sense if you've added the ability to record audio that it can be exported as well. It's obviously very important to your users (see all the votes in previous requests for the same needed action). We appreciate your loyalty to us as your loyal customers. The last request was asked over 5 months ago. Thank you

• Dannielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in dire need to have the audio work on my exported recorded slide show. It's a huge part of our sales presentation ability. I'm so surprised and disappointed that this doesn't work. I couldn't agree more with the comments below, we shouldn't have to rebuild and move our work to other application software. MS is better than this ! I'm standing by with fingers crossed that this will become a priority!

• K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

crazy this is not in the current edition. it was in previous editions.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When exporting a Powerpoint file to a MP4 or MOV format, the sound does not work. Please fix.

• A.L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely need to be able to save/convert my narrated PowerPoints as a video (movie, mp4....) with all the narration and sound to upload to YouTube and/or Vimeo. I do not want to be forced to use any other method, software or workaround. I do not want to use Keynote, 365, do a voice overlay, create it in iMovie and narrate (which means I'm no longer making a ppt), etc.
        Whose brilliant idea was it to remove this very important function of saving a ppt. as a movie? Why 'fix' something that wasn't broken? Put it back. I may have to leave Mac behind and switch to PC.

also, older power point presentations, where this function worked, suddenly show green fields and the videos do not play any more (although they did before), please please re-install older algorithms for videos!!!

This is odd. This feature request is marked "under review" but my version of PowerPoint has an option to use all recorded narrations in exporting to video. Unfortunately, there's no narrations in the exported video.

• D. Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If not powerpoint please point me to an app that can convert my pics, voice and text into quicktime playable videos. Thnx

• D. Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I brought powerpoint with the notion that it would convert pics with text and narration into quicktime playable videos/movies was a little disappointed as well as set back when I found it couldn't.

• LD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't even upload to iMovie to Add Sound.

Keep this Up and I convert to PC. It is that IMPORTANT!!!

• LD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are asking us to vote on this? Just do it. This is not a prioritization factor. This is you are an idiot for not providing this feature in the first place.

• JJJJr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is nuts.

this is not a "voting" issue.

what a waste of time.

I agree with the numerous comments that it's unbelievable that after adding a music audio file to a PowerPoint show, you cannot keep that music in any exported video. Shame on you Microsoft for your lack of understanding of how PowerPoint users would expect to be able to export videos! Someone really dropped the ball on this one.

• Frustrated With MICROSOFT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
        We can imbed audio, but it doesn't export!? what a waste of time.
        'vote' if you need it.. who is making decisions over there?

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's Microsoft for you. Where else would you find software that lets you add audio but just leaves it out when exporting as though they just don't think you'll need it. Wow!

Feedback and Knowledge Base