How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

489 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • annoyed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lack of this feature is just another reason to not upgrade. it's really hard to imagine that you can't do this. I purchased a screen recorder. Good news is my videos are actually of high quality which was not the case with the earlier 2011 export to .mov version (had audio)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recorded a presentation with narration and have no option to export it as a video file! This is incredibly frustrating! I am without options.

Please add back the export to movie function – it was in PowerPoint 2011 and is in 360 – it is not right that it isn't in 2016. It is necessary for me to have.

• Dale commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hit this road block of audio not included in the video exported from PowerPoint this past week so I opened the PowerPoint file (that included the audio) into Keynote (Apple) and exported the video out WITH audio with no issues at all. Just wanted to add that as a solution.

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same as some other folks here. The embedded audio plays back in the slideshow mode. So I assumed it will export too. Please add this feature ASAP.

• SC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need export to video feature in Mac Office as a basic, crucial feature.

Still waiting for this feature. Please make it easy to record audio over powerpoint and create video file.

• JM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous that full functionality has not been included in the Mac version and this has been under discussion for over a year!

It is absolutely a must that narration/audio gets exported along with the presentation when making a video and increadibly disappointing that it doesn't do this already.

It's just astonishing how such an important feature is still missing on the Mac version!!! What's even more astonishing is the checkbox that says "Use Recorded Timings *and Narrations*" in the Export menu. I really hope to see this in the next update.

• Tash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add export to video with voice narrations and timings intact to PowerPoint 2016 for Mac. This is a crucial feature and I have just wasted an entire day recording my presentations, not knowing that I am not able to then export it to video. Is it disgraceful that this function does not exist.

• Matt Clare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If can't the be fixed could the "..and Narrations" be removed from the checkbox in the Export dialogue labelled "Use Recorded Timings and Narrations"?

• Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So important: to export a presentation as a video clip! And: to shorten an audio clip – all things you can do in the pc version!

• Dannielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please revisit and prioritize allowing audio to be exported in powerpoint recorded videos. It only makes sense if you've added the ability to record audio that it can be exported as well. It's obviously very important to your users (see all the votes in previous requests for the same needed action). We appreciate your loyalty to us as your loyal customers. The last request was asked over 5 months ago. Thank you

Feedback and Knowledge Base