How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

505 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. I am trying to convert my powerpoint presentation to a movie/video but it is stalling out.

This is an absolutely essential option for me. Without it, I will be sticking to an earlier version of powerpoint, along with all 130 of y students. Why can we still not hear audio in exported videos?

This is a huge disappointment. I spent hours recording a video and now I can't export it.

While you're at it, I see that exported video without the narration is roughly 10x bigger than the original deck - that's 550MB versus 51MB. Will that be addressed too?

Hi,
    What is going on with this??? I am new ish to using the "Record audio" button in power point. yesterday I spent 8 hrs recording voice over, time and time again, to get it right. Today I move the saved .ppt file (i created in pp2013) from desktop to a folder location - and suddenly I've lost hours and hours of audio recording, i'm sorry for the expletives, but WTF?? I have spent all morning trying to find a workaround to retrieve my audio from yesterday, but now it seems that a simple move of a .ppt presentation into a folder means the loss of all audio. loss of links or whatever - the result is the same and no one can tell me where the actual audio bits are stored to find them.

HELP??

• Suzy Keys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cancelled 365 as soon as i realised what a stuff up it is. That was the same day i subscribed. Never again. I'll try the Keynote option. 'Unbelievable' is all I can say.

• Barry Burkett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a huge limitation in the program. I have a lot of workarounds, but this would be extremely helpful.

• annoyed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

lack of this feature is just another reason to not upgrade. it's really hard to imagine that you can't do this. I purchased a screen recorder. Good news is my videos are actually of high quality which was not the case with the earlier 2011 export to .mov version (had audio)

I recorded a presentation with narration and have no option to export it as a video file! This is incredibly frustrating! I am without options.

Feedback and Knowledge Base