How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

471 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, we need this feature. its been a part of ppt for years.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, this is still an issue, SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!! I have waisted significant time trying to find a solution and finally find this, it doesn't work! Here, I thought I was doing something wrong.. Narration to be exported with the presentation when converting to video is absolutely necessary in adding fidelity to our presentations. Please advise if you are going to fix this. Why have it as an option if it is not going to work?

• Jacek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It must have finctionality.
        BTW it is really annoying thing you ask people to pay monthly for half-made product and ask them if they want to get the main functionality which should be from the begining?. Are you totally mad?
        And made it in Apple way, the best quality, the simply as it should be, with additional options for pros.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really helpful to have the sound on an mp4 exported from a Mac. We desperately need the narration to export along with the custom slide timine.

• Chip Sahoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. I am at a loss as to why I must spend hours repeatedly rebuilding my teaching presentations. Multiple audio and video inserts lose their file pathways once I save and close the ppt presentation. My presentations are heavy on audio.

• Patricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely an issue, not being able to transfer the entire ppt to video. The sound is essential to most presentations. Please make this a priority.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable - and this is why the experience with Microsoft products is abysmal. You have a common sense feature working in the PC version but not on the MAC? Make it work.

• Megan Martinez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is totally insane that my narration doesn't export with my ppt. I'm a professor who makes these videos for my students. This is crucial.

• Janet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issues. Although when I export as a mp4 and the option is giving to use narrations and timings, the audio does not come through on the video. Pease let me know when you expect to update this issue
        Thank you
        Janet

• RB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey folks - PLEASE add functionality so embedded music will play with the exported slideshow. Complete bummer that Microsoft has chosen yet again to publish a supposed complete Office package that is underfeatured in MAC.

• Matt Clare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised that this was not addressed with 2016 - either by adding the functionality or indicating that it was not supported.

• Eric Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin: would you provide an update with an approximate prioritization? Top 10? Top 25? Thank you.

• Sarah Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's so frustrating that this is available in the PC version but not the Mac version! What's the point in exporting to video without audio and slide timings? Us Mac users pay good money for this suite too, but have less functionality.
        Please prioritise this update, Microsoft.

Adding narration to a video is SO crucial! I teach online courses at the college level, and the fact that I have a Mac shouldn't limit the ways that I make my lectures!

What boggles my mind the most is the fact that narration can be added using the PC version of the software to make a video lecture, but not the Mac version! Seems to me like a jab from the software developers - "Oh, you wanted to add your narrative to your videos and movies? Too bad, you should've bought a PC instead!" (Cue evil, mocking laughter).

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best workaround: record the slideshow with audio, then play the slideshow using the timings and narration while recording the main screen with Camtasia for Mac. Be sure to use the system audio capture to get the narration audio.

Let it play, and Camtasia will capture all of it and allows you to edit the audio and video when complete. Then export from Camtasia into MP4.

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keynote does exports with audio just fine, and is a much better application than PowerPoint. When we need video like this, I either do the presentation in Keynote or I am forced to use Camtasia to do the screen and audio capture - a messy workflow.

Sadly, stuck using MS Office365 because of Windows users at our company. It's a shame, and wastes a lot of time, but many older folks think it's normal.

This was critical to me making the video! Now I find I cannot make it work. I am back to the drawing board for presentation design.

Feedback and Knowledge Base