How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminPowerPoint Product Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

483 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • D. Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If not powerpoint please point me to an app that can convert my pics, voice and text into quicktime playable videos. Thnx

• D. Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I brought powerpoint with the notion that it would convert pics with text and narration into quicktime playable videos/movies was a little disappointed as well as set back when I found it couldn't.

• LD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't even upload to iMovie to Add Sound.

Keep this Up and I convert to PC. It is that IMPORTANT!!!

• LD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are asking us to vote on this? Just do it. This is not a prioritization factor. This is you are an idiot for not providing this feature in the first place.

• JJJJr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is nuts.

this is not a "voting" issue.

what a waste of time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the numerous comments that it's unbelievable that after adding a music audio file to a PowerPoint show, you cannot keep that music in any exported video. Shame on you Microsoft for your lack of understanding of how PowerPoint users would expect to be able to export videos! Someone really dropped the ball on this one.

• Frustrated With MICROSOFT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
        We can imbed audio, but it doesn't export!? what a waste of time.
        'vote' if you need it.. who is making decisions over there?

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's Microsoft for you. Where else would you find software that lets you add audio but just leaves it out when exporting as though they just don't think you'll need it. Wow!

PLEASE advise how to turn narrated Powerpoint presentation to video on Mac 2016. Sound is still not playing. Thanks!

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why bother recording a voice over if you can't export it to video. This is 2016. Wake up please! I just wasted ages trying to get this to work and now have to rebuild everything in Keynote!!!

When I choose “Save as Movie…” inside Office for Mac PowerPoint, the file that it creates doesn’t contain my sound effects, music, or transitions. How can I fix this?

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, we need this feature. its been a part of ppt for years.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, this is still an issue, SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!! I have waisted significant time trying to find a solution and finally find this, it doesn't work! Here, I thought I was doing something wrong.. Narration to be exported with the presentation when converting to video is absolutely necessary in adding fidelity to our presentations. Please advise if you are going to fix this. Why have it as an option if it is not going to work?

• Jacek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It must have finctionality.
        BTW it is really annoying thing you ask people to pay monthly for half-made product and ask them if they want to get the main functionality which should be from the begining?. Are you totally mad?
        And made it in Apple way, the best quality, the simply as it should be, with additional options for pros.

It would be really helpful to have the sound on an mp4 exported from a Mac. We desperately need the narration to export along with the custom slide timine.

• Chip Sahoi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this. I am at a loss as to why I must spend hours repeatedly rebuilding my teaching presentations. Multiple audio and video inserts lose their file pathways once I save and close the ppt presentation. My presentations are heavy on audio.

• Patricia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is definitely an issue, not being able to transfer the entire ppt to video. The sound is essential to most presentations. Please make this a priority.

Feedback and Knowledge Base