How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

471 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not just the lack of narration in exported video it's the lack of an audio channel full stop. A video presentation without sound is of pretty limited value. It would be great if you could add support for audio into the export to movie feature on PP for Mac.

This is a huge problem. I paid quite a bit of money for Office 2016 for a Macbook Air, on the assumption that I could use PowerPoint for lectures for an online course. I used to do my recording on a PC. Now it seems that I simply cannot use the program for work.

• Victoria Vegis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't even get it to save to mov or mp4 let alone the sound. I get 0 transfered... no matter how many times i try.

• Rensa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, this feels like a bug. Recorded narration plays during a slide show, but not in the final video (despite the Export process specifically asking me whether I'd like to include recorded narrations via checkbox). Interestingly, the speaker icon indicating the narration IS rendered on the slide in the final video.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has to be a bug surely? I can't imagine someone thought it would be a good idea to go to the trouble of adding an export to video function but deliberately omit the audio content!

Yes, please! I miss very much exporting to a video. Used it all the time for teaching my little 1st Graders, pre-2016.

• coco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Those files format are a MUST HAVE for a software such as PowerPoint. I don't understand why we can't use those file format in 2016.
        Please, do something, it makes us loose a lot of time having to convert everything.

1 2 20 21 22 24 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base