How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

471 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely Power point presentations should be able to save as a movie with audio. it would save so much time, it would be much easier to produce movie type presentations and workshops. By having to record on Quick time, Movie and Camtasia you get errors, recording interuptions, background noises.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please. Many users just get turned off and annoyed at a video without narration.

• Chris Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why bother if the narration does not come through. Get it together Microsoft! We pay for the MS Office applications so perhaps we can get the feature that we pay for.

This feature should not have to be voted on. When would anyone ever want to export a narrated powerpoint to a video with no sound??? There is no indication or warning that you can't export to mp4 and keep your sound. I lost so much time because of this. This is a major design flaw and Microsoft should be embarrassed that this problem still exists. It needs to be fixed immediately.

Same boat. Just learned that I can add narrations to a powerpoint and provide that to online students. Made a nice long one, and there is no audio. Been trying to figure out why for hours, and it comes to this? Totally ridiculous. One of the reasons I cannot stand PC. Just play along guys. So you need a PC with separate audio interface to use this feature. Disappointing. Thanks for wasting so much of my time.

Please add this as soon as possible. If I were you guys I’d be embarrassed that you have to even ask this question.

• Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ridiculous to have a movie with no sound--and also every person who does this has to take the time to search all over to figure out what the heck is wrong and learn that powerpoint for mac does not support this. Very frustrating. Please add this.

WHAT THE F**K. This really wants me to organise a grassroots political movement against current intellectual property laws and support higher taxes on corporations.

You got to be kidding me, this doesn't work with Mac????. Come on guys, what is the problem. Can't we all play in the same sandbox???

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need it to export video with my movie or MP4. I paid for a subscription just for this purpose.

• Tina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was so excited to find that 2018 finally allows exporting to MOV and MP4, and then super disappointed that the narration or any sound of embedded media did not export. Once again forced to go back to the Windows version. Please fix this!! This is really important.

Spent multiple hours making a group project with narrated audio- will not export with sound - viewers must have pwpt to view- and they need to download the file to do so... such an inconvenience.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wasted hours trying to export PP2016 presentation to MP4 and Mov to upload to Youtube - only then did I find out that audio isn't supported - even though you get the option to include it when exporting to video???

Feedback and Knowledge Base