How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

471 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Expected commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's absurd that this is not available with narration and also in the office 2016 version (not office365). Now I have to do a screen capture with the presentation playing because you didn't put this feature in the app.

• Iris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't get it when you export ur video, either u can't see ur pen notes, or audio sound. Then why u need export ur video?

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Excuse me.... this is 2018 with Instagram, tweeter and facebook....Not to mention that you made 365 to be completely cloud base...meaning uploading to various online application. This should have been done.... So Please and Thank you for completing this vital function.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS IS SO ANNOYING! I have wasted so much time narrating my ppt only to have to re record on another platform!!!!

RIDICULOUS!!!!! HOW IN THE WORLD IS IT 2018 & WE ARE STILL THIS BEHIND!!! NO NARRATION WHEN EXPORTING A PPT TO A.MP4 OR .MOV !!!!!!! THIS IS BEYONNNNND RIDICULOUS

• joy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi PPT Product Team, I am not sure if I should also tweet this but Mac users including myself are still unable to access the audio feature on PPT for Macs. I see the request was made in June of 2016 and a response "Under Review" on Jan 24th 2018. I would like to know the status of this update and what your next steps are to complete this request. This is highly frustrating.

What good is a video or recording without the audio. I just spent hours trying to make this work and now find out it isn't possible. What a stupid thing to omit. We should be able to make a PPT recording something to upload to YouTube easily.

this feature was the only reason I got this on my Mac and am just finding out now that I'm recording that it doesn't work. Please add. So frustrating.

• Tom Topping commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. I was very surprised to find it not already implemented. I must go to an outside resource, that costs me money, to enable this ability. Please add this feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base