How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

471 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, We build our presentation is PPT. with embedded video. Our audience requires the full playback with all video and audio or it's of no value to us. 'Hense we are looking for an alternative software solution. It would be nice if that feature was added. A partial ability to export to video without audio and the embedded video is pointless to make a pun.

How does our university provide us with MS Office Products and require us to complete multiple presentations to upload to BlackBoard, but PPT for Mac cannot export to MP4 or MOV? This is basic functionality in 2018. I"m so frustrated trying to upload my video and to find out that I actually can't do it with PPT because I am on a Mac.

• Ian Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removing the capacity to output to mp4 (or mov) as existed in earlier Mac versions seems incredibly silly. I used to use this when Windows PPT didn't have it so I can't understand why you'd reverse capabilities. Also, denying the capture of narrations in video files from Office 365 also seems incredibly dumb. Talking through a presentation and then capturing the audio to include in an mp4 presentation seems pretty basic.

Yes this is insane. I worked for hours on presentation. NO AUDIO absolutely screwed

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have to be kidding me! Really Mr. Gates get your Sh@T together. What is the whole point so now I get an F for my assignment? Just because?

Please get on with allowing the voice recorded in th ePP presentation to be incorporated in the MOV file.....

• Ding commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this program is totally buggy and now that I have wasted so much time recording my presentation only to find i cant export to movie - I may as well find a different solution.

• Trish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have PowerPoint 365 for Mac. I cannot get video to trim nor can I get the sound to export to MP4. Please make this possible and easier. My video is a waste of time without the sound.

It doesn't make sense that one could make a video...but without sound. Rather not make the video, it seems.

I have just bought Office 365 subscription, as the previous Office 16 volume license would not allow saving to movies, only to realize that my videos are soundless and therefore useless. Feels like a totally waster investment. Hope you will fix this very fast.

• Gavyn McLeod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why allow me to add audio to my PowerPoint and then not allow me to export it to video?
        There's not even an easy way to listen to the narration with another window open. I'm trying to refine my talk track using original narration and the playback stops when I switch to the notes section or try to go to another window. Come on!

Feedback and Knowledge Base