How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminPowerPoint Product Team [MSFT] (Admin, Office.com) responded  · 

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

483 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like so many others, I cannot believe this has not been completed. So frustrating!

• mm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to convert .ppx files to video, including animations & sound, just like the windows version of Office 2016!!!

I just spent hours recording narration on a 45 minute PowerPoint Presentation to convert to a Quicktime move to find there is not sound. Can't believe you allow narration without this ability. Please add this feature asap.

Yes!!! the embedded videos don't play in video export..... really need this feature!!!

• Troy Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the capability for Powerpoint for Mac to be able to export to video so that it includes audio. This is not a feature, it's a break/fix. At the very least, show an alert when exporting the video that there will be no audio.

I will like to be able to add a window to be able to see the speaker like I do with Zoom

It does seem that others are as surprised as I am that this feature is not included. I know that Microsoft will put this right.

• TL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others, I spent time recording narration only to find it doesn't work when you export the video. What is the point of exporting silent video? Until you add this feature, it might be considerate to note in the instructions on how to add narration AT THE TOP that it won't output to video...and, then again, what are you waiting for?

• sir_daz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - it's essential to include linked or embedded video files within the PowerPoint Export to Video feature. This works fine in Windows but not Mac.

This item really should have more votes - maybe it appears elsewhere under a different header?
        It's essential to export linked or embedded video files within the PowerPoint Export to Video file.

Just as important to add video files to Export To Video - it seems that no media can be included in the Mac version

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lame. Can't believe narration is not saved on powerpoint for mac but it works with windows

1 2 5 7 9 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base