How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Export to Video with audio narrations included

This seems to be something thats been voted upon, and had been "completed". However, there is not a hint of the narration in the exported video. Please add!!

1,002 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for voting this request! If you are an Office 365 subscriber, you may now export your presentation to a video with a playback of the narration audio! Please upgrade to version 16.19(181109) or higher, and give it a try.

Again, thank you for helping us improve the product, and please keep voting the other features on your wish list :)

-PowerPoint Team

495 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Troy Phillips commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the capability for Powerpoint for Mac to be able to export to video so that it includes audio. This is not a feature, it's a break/fix. At the very least, show an alert when exporting the video that there will be no audio.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will like to be able to add a window to be able to see the speaker like I do with Zoom

It does seem that others are as surprised as I am that this feature is not included. I know that Microsoft will put this right.

• TL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like others, I spent time recording narration only to find it doesn't work when you export the video. What is the point of exporting silent video? Until you add this feature, it might be considerate to note in the instructions on how to add narration AT THE TOP that it won't output to video...and, then again, what are you waiting for?

• sir_daz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes - it's essential to include linked or embedded video files within the PowerPoint Export to Video feature. This works fine in Windows but not Mac.

This item really should have more votes - maybe it appears elsewhere under a different header?
    It's essential to export linked or embedded video files within the PowerPoint Export to Video file.

Just as important to add video files to Export To Video - it seems that no media can be included in the Mac version

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lame. Can't believe narration is not saved on powerpoint for mac but it works with windows

I am a tecaher who uses PPT extensively for my own professional presentations and for students to prepare presentations.
    The features of PPT are powerful and make slide design very easy for students of all ages.
    Increasingly students are required to present in an MP4 format and it would be fantastic i fthe save as movie option captured the audio - both background music and sounds as well as voice to save using both PPT and a ovie editor.
    Thanks

• zelda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to buy Office 2016 but now that I hear this feature is missing I will have to wait until this feature is updated in the next version. very disappointing!

• Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please... I just spent several hours creating a narrated powerpoint to find out that the narration doesn't export! What a waste of time! Please fix this! ASAP!

This is literally the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. It's like voting for a car to include speakers with the radio. Seriously?

• RAD Xack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently if you embed a video to be played automatically in a presentation and export it to a video file like MOV, any video embedded does NOT play in the MOV.

I understand this is only true when exporting to video on a Macintosh while doing the above on Windows WILL have the video auto play. Could this function please be extended to the Macintosh version of Powerpoint?

Thank you

• Dennis Hommel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are you waiting for? Move your software into the 21st century!! I need a 'kiosk' version of my presentation. I guess I have to switch to Keynote.

1 2 6 8 10 24 25

Feedback and Knowledge Base