Customize Presenter View
Presenter View is an essential tool of Powerpoint helping us present with notes, a timer, a preview, and a slide overview. But many things remain to be improved. Join me in pushing for the following essential features and bug fixes.
1) Allow customization. Not everybody needs the same things from the Presenter View. Allow users to activate/inactivate elements to their needs.
2) Create a couple additional widgets for the Presenter View that fit less frequent user requirements like a countdown timer to end at a specific time, a slides left counter, a centralized notes field to be saved with the 1st slide of the presentation rather than a specific slide. Add your own suggestions in the comments below.
3) Sections are a great tool to segment a long presentation. Alas, they are hidden in Presenter View. You have to improvise with a blank slide to highlight where sections end. It would be so much easier if they were shown for example by a colored line between slides in the slide overview at the bottom of Presenter View.
4) As you advance through a presentation the current slides will be shown as the rightmost slide in the slide overview. That is the wrong position. When in a presentation you want to see what lies ahead. The slide overview should always be centered on the current slide, showing the next couple of slides without having to scroll.
5) Reduce the amount of unused screen real estate. Why the huge black areas? More of this should be used to enlarge the elements currently present in the Presenter View.
6) The first line of the notes fields is not shown by default. It should be of course as it is the most important line. It's silly to have to scroll up to see it every time. See this bug report: http://bit.ly/2eFvdXk.
We love the Presenter View and always looking for ways to improve it. If you want this idea, we need more votes. Please share it with your friends.
[Deleted User] commented
Remove speaker notes all at once
Robert Nelson commented
Create a function that allows one to remove all speaker notes at one time so the ppt can be sent to someone without the notes.
Change size of presenter view slides at bottom to speed moving forward or back
Yes. I need a view that is almost entirely Notes with the bottom slides view gone and the current and upcoming slides very small.
David G commented
All I would LOVE too see out of the PP for Mac Presenter View is 1 simple fix! just 1!!! allow the presenter view to be minimized so other apps and programs can be used while a presentation is going on... if there is a slide that will have the presenter speak for over 15min that is plenty of time to minimize presenter view on the main monitor and allow users to use and access other programs. Why is this simple button not included for Mac but available in the PC version? it almost feels like punishment for using Mac... but it is torture to sit there staring at a black presenter screen for 1hr while the speaker goes on and not be able to do or access anything else! unless you have a 3rd monitor but not very cost effective.
Bruno E. commented
"3) Sections are a great tool to segment a long presentation. Alas, they are hidden in Presenter View. You have to improvise with a blank slide to highlight where sections end. It would be so much easier if they were shown for example by a colored line between slides in the slide overview at the bottom of Presenter View."
Jeff Harter commented
Fix the first line in presenters view. First line is always hidden and you have to scroll down to see
The ability to re-order slides in presenter view by drag-and-drop the thumbnails would be very useful.
I heartily agree with Anonymous below. I use an iPad Pro in class with the new PowerPoint for Mac and having the Thumbnails at the bottom of the screen means that I am continually inadvertently selecting another slide. Very frustrating for me and my students.
I wish there was a way to add text to slides during a presentation - since PowerPoint 2016 for Mac got rid of the Developer tab and I don't know how else to make it work!
Raylene Phillips commented
Allow presenter view to have the option of speaker notes either below or beside the current slide. In the last version, the speaker notes were below the current slide, but in the latest version, the speaker notes are beside the current slide. I would like the option of moving the location of the speaker notes in relationship to the current slide;
Joe Whiteis commented
Allow multiple output presenter views like Keynote on Mac. For instance, for a machine with multiple video outputs, ONE output would display ONLY speaker notes full screen (with a "fit content" option like other text boxes, and ANOTHER output would show ONLY the current slide with a Next slide preview, or something like that. While the MAIN output would show the actual presentation.
Stephen M Bainbridge commented
There should be out of box feature to remove all speaker notes all at once in PowerPoint for Mac
leon jones commented
I agree.. I need this badly
Need to see more slides ahead than the ones behind. In presenter mode, make the standard position for slide playing be second from left instead of second from right
Scientific wine commented
The current slide number is indicated as 1/30. The denominator include hidden slides. Until the last version, hidden slides were not included in the denominator and I can tell how far I come in the whole presentation.
I am wondering if there are any good reason for the change.
Scientific wine commented
In the presenter's view we can see the current slide number out of the total. Now the total slide number include unshown slides. Until the version 2013, unshown slides are not included in the total presenting slides. When I present, I would like to know how many more slides I have to present.
Conor Watters commented
This would help Graduate Students who's instructors send them massive amounts of Voice-Over PowerPoints (VOPP) to take notes while they are listening to the VOPP! It is very frustrating that currently if you click on the Presenter Notes while listening to a VOPP, the VOPP playback will stop and make you play from the beginning again! Please, pretty please, make this simple change!!!!
John Korchok commented
It appears this bug was added in the 14.6.8 update.