How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Disable design ideas

Design Ideas is a big heap of instrusive rubbish. Every time I want to add an image and manually size it, this pops up. Just a way to untick it so it never shows up is absolutely vital. I have been using Powerpoint for what is coming up to 15 years, this is a couple of extra clicks every time. this might be useful for some people but it must be possible to disable it for the rest of us.

9 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Simon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The ability to disable “Design Ideas” (PowerPoint Designer) is already available in PowerPoint for Mac 2016.

To disable Designer:
    1. Select Preferences from the PowerPoint menu.
    2. Under Authoring and Proofing Tools in the Preference dialog, select General.
    3. In the General dialog box, under PowerPoint Designer, clear the Automatically show me design ideas check box

We hope this helps, and remember to keep voting for features that are important to you – the more votes a feature gets, the more likely we are to bring it to the product.

- PowerPoint for Mac product team

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes if you disable it the next time you start it is re enabled again!!! This is worse than the paperclip

more crap from Microsoft. Terrible products all the way around. How Gates got so rich, I have no idea...

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that they should allow you to disable it as it is really annoying (appearing every time I add a photo)

Who thought it was a good idea to intrusively cut the screen in half with an unwanted side bar, every time I paste a object, and have to click "x" or "close" to get back to my work, PLUS not include a way to disable this intrusive behavior? Amateur hour at Microsoft.

• Mark Barratt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What? You mean there is no way to disable it? What a terrible crock for advanced users to have to put up with. Please let us disable all the help garbage permanently.

Feedback and Knowledge Base