How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Please enable the Laser Pointer

In powerpoint 2016 for mac we cannot press Ctrl + mouse click to change our pointer in to a LASER pointer, which is inconvenient.

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Carl Q shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tim Sca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with others requesting that the laser pointer and drawing be saved when recording a slide show! Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The idea "Include audio narrations when exporting file to video" has already been posted.

However, it can only be completed by including the laser pointer into the video.

otherwise, it's kind of useless.

• Olivia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought the Office 2016 for Mac - there is no laser pointer available. Could you please help me?

• Paul Middleditch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I realize that you might want less features on ppt iOS to be able to push people back to windows, but the way to do that is by making windows as good as iOS. It doesn't spend all day updating, its instant on and it doesnt crash. I am a big fan of powerpoint and word, but will need to start looking elsewhere if you insist on withholding features that are available on office for windows but not on my mac. The laser pointer is a must for good videos

• Wade Hsu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement Laser Pointer on Mac! This feature is really important, especially for remote presentations.

I would very much appreciate it if the Microsoft team would include a feature on the mac to use the pointer as a laser pointer. My remote controllers frequently run out of batteries and therefore adding this feature would immensely help because I would no longer have to rely on my remote controller.

• S. Twarock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, we are creating an online course in pharmacology for medical students at our university. We are also in desperate need for having the mouse movement recorded AND for being able to save the presentation after the recording as MP4 on our MACs.

• MacTop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have the laser pointer feature on PowerPoint 2016 for Mac, as available for Windows. Office for Mac should have the very same features as Office for Windows.

• Michele Breland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having difficulty using the pen in powerpoint on my surface. I and my team at work annotate presentations as the presenter presents for feedback about business cases. Every time we have to change the slide we have to choose the pen again. This is very cumbersome when you have to do that all day just because the slide has changed. Would you please help?

Thank you.

• Hans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this issue as well - doesn't seem fair that I should have to figure out how to hack this with quicktime or other video editing screen capture when it should come natively in Office. Cmon guys. Thanks!

• Laurel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely frustrated that I can't save a version of a PowerPoint presentation with BOTH audio and pointer. Using for online slides for students.

I do a lot of PowerPoint presentation during class and my issue is this. During the slideshow I will right click the screen and set the Pointer Option to pen to draw on the slide. Once I advance the slide to either the next bullet point or to the next slide the pointer option quickly reverts back to automatic and I have to right click and select the pen option again.On my Windows laptop running Office 2013 performing the same tasks, the pen option will stay set for the entire slide presentation. Please add this feature to PowerPoint for the Mac.

Feedback and Knowledge Base