How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Provide full feature parity with Windows PPT

It would be really great if all the options that one finds on the PC version were also available on the Mac version

361 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for your feedback! The PowerPoint Product team has been actively working to close the feature gap between the different PowerPoint endpoints, most recently bringing features found in WinPPT like real time collaboration, trim media, QuickStarter, and Trim Media to the Mac platform.

As we continue to bring over more WinPPT features to MacPPT, we will use this site to help us prioritize the work. If there is a specific feature from WinPPT that you would like to see on MacPPT, be sure to vote for it!

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You said it. The internet is full of complaints and workarounds, get it sorted.

Some of us are required to use Powerpoint (I normally avoid it at all costs) for presentations to 1000s of people live on stage and these issues create anxiety and nightmare situations for us, and our clients.

The bugs and omissions in the Mac version of these apps us unacceptable.

Please releases the exact same features for PPT mac that are on PPT windows.

Currently having different features for different operating systems creates lots of problems and confusion.

Plus many execs I do presentations for are running on Macs. Also, many designer folks creating presentation templates are on macs, and the design folks are often are creating presentations for other managers and clients.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's just make this the golden rule. Adding features with updates is fine, removing features is just down right inconsiderate. Why make your platform less user friendly? Whats the UX strategy here? For reference, this was stemmed from the inability to trim a video file within PPT. then we started to realize how many of the old useful features have been removed. We work in a field that requires a significant amount of presentations, and flexibility is key to a good presentation. Limiting options impacts our ability to work effectively, especially when we've come to expect certain functionality. I think PPT is a fantastic program at its core, whoever is making functionality decisions is who I have grievances with.

If you choose Insert Audio, Audio Browser, and choose a song from within iTunes, iTunes window is brought forward, but no ability to choose song. There is no OK button or anything to proceed, making this option useless.

Yes, like the Icons in MS Powerpoint for Windows. Please don't discriminate against Mac users! We want an inclusive world!

• Aurelia Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My son can't use his mac for making powerpoint presentations at school because powerpoint mac simply lacks the features he needs. This is ridiculous.

• Antonio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it is!! I need to allow my colleagues to use icons as they use on windows version. If the version is not the same why we pay the same amount?

• Heinrich Cremer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some features are just not possible within a Mac to to severe functional restrictions. Office and dignostics work has become a lot easier when we swapped bac to PC

• Sundevil96 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can users identify in advance all the things Powerpoint for Mac cannot do, without wasting time and effort in all the preliminary steps only to find out that critical steps cannot be done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glsDRRP_DeI

For example, this YouTube is one of many animated graphics that apparently do not work on a Mac because you cannot trim a video in Powerpoint for Mac. The most frustrating part of using the POS Office 365 for Mac is that while clearly Microsoft simply gave up on creating tools that enable consistent capabilities across Windows and Mac OS, content creators do not know those limitations. So others inspired by the work of PC users must instead waste time. I suggest Microsoft figure out a way to document the litany of tasks Microsoft Office for Mac cannot perform. Stop wasting your customers time with products your team clearly has little to no interest supporting.

• Bonnie Handy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES PLEASE -- it is absolutely crazy that powerpoint for mac does not have the same features as powerpoint for windows.

• Vicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't we get the same features in powerpoint for mac as the PC version?

Why are some features left out of office for Mac? I am taking an introduction to computers class, and am unable to do everything in most assignments due to the fact that Office for Mac has left out a lot of features, such as cropping video.

• Denise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I have wasted so many hours trying to determine if some functions are even available and then trying to find workarounds, if there are any. VERY disappointing.

• Ariel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable ALL options on the Mac, not only for PowerPoint but for all programs. It's so irritating and inconvenient to have to find a Windows computer for certain functions even though I have the same program for the Mac. Totally unacceptable to only have certain features available only for Windows computers when Macs are becoming more common.

I will NEVER ever buy or use a Windows platform device. Not in my lifetime. MSFT limiting features in Mac PPT versions does NOT make me desire a (gawd aweful) Windows computer of any kind, just so I can access all features in PPT. Is this still the arrogant thinking of Microsoft? Really, in today's tech climate?! I thought there is a new regime wanting to be relevant again … wanting to be taken seriously.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It drives me INSANE when you have different functionality in the same product based on platform. An app is an app and you should make all MS-Office products work the same on Mac or Win. Seriously... it's 2016. Get your act together and offer comparable products. You've worked on the UI, not how about getting the actual functionality working? You're still a LONG way off. Y

• Joe Nersveen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why the hell can PowerPoint for Mac do the same things the PC version can? It RIDICULOUS that the MAC version does less. If you're going to develop for the Mac, well then DO IT! The MAC and PC versions cost the same, how's that fair? You only had 7 years to develop a new Mac version...7 years, and just a FEW new improvements, and a WHOLE LOT OF BUGS.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base