How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

Allow presentations to have mixed orientations

Allow portrait and landscape in same presentation

97 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! The PowerPoint for Mac team is reviewing your suggestion to allow presentations include both landscape and portrait orientations and will consider it in future planning rounds.

Remember, this site helps us to prioritize our backlog so the more votes a suggestion gets, the more likely it is that we’ll do it. If this is a feature that is important to you, be sure to give it a vote!

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often use PowerPoint to design simple posters for flyers and whatnot - it's easy to move stuff around and get it to line up and is perfectly adequate for my needs. I'd like to be able to have an Insert Page Break or Section (or whatever it is that does this in Word) to change the orientation for a discrete subsection of the .pptx so that I can print portrait and landscape from the same file please.

I rarely project these files (though when I'm giving presentations I probably do want all slides in one direction) but the workaround posted here (from which I've arrived) looks handy for those who want that https://support.office.com/en-us/article/can-i-use-portrait-and-landscape-slide-orientation-in-the-same-presentation-d8c21781-1fb6-4406-bcd6-25cfac37b5d6

Ta, Jo

• Mr. J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please enable this, seems like such an obvious, basic feature to have!

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would help us to save time and money. (our Business is presenting)

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please find a way to enable both landscape and portrait orientation in a single slide for powerpoint on a Mac

I am a professor at a Medical School and teach students of various disciplines. My lecture presentation is in portrait mode for students' convenience but if I can arrange some slides in the same continuous teaching in landscape mode, then it will allow me to present larger images without sacrificing the resolution. I hope Microsoft adds this feature in the next update.

for more flexible display of tabular information a mixed orientation or portrait and landscape would be desirable

• Vinu Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this improvement. I definitely have a need to be able to have some slides in portrait and landscape to make my presentations more effective.

• Leah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is essential that we be able to have different sized slides in a power point presentation, otherwise, what is the point of a 'presentation'????

Please consider. Thank you

• John Clevenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been needing this for YEARS! I wish I could give more than 1 vote! How long will this be under review and what are the criteria which are used to determine if this is accepted or not?

• Oroflo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to run presentations where this combination is almost mandatory. It will be a great plus for us (as customers) to improve our job and opportunities

To have the possibility to combine vertical and horizontal page orientation in the same presentation

Absolutely! Whyever not? It is very frustrating that MS doesn't give similar features to all their products. If it is something I need/want to do in Word, why wouldn't I also need/want it in a presentation?

• jl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

use portrait and landscape in same presentations, it's possible in word why not in ppt?

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to have different sized slides in the same presentation; both 4:3 and 16:9 sizes in the same presentation.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base