How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

EMBED FONTS

I want to throw my computer out the window every single time I have to create a powerpoint presentation and suddenly remember I can't embed fonts after I've spent hours perfecting my presentation using fonts that are specific to my computer. If this issue isn't fixed soon, I'm going to have to find an alternative to Powerpoint. This has been a major problem for me, and really the ONLY major problem I've run into after switching from a PC to a Mac.

533 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Heidi KnickerbockerHeidi Knickerbocker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to embed fonts in PPT for my clients as almost every designer I work on a mac...

• Johan van den AkkerJohan van den Akker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Font embedding should work two ways. Currently, the inability to display embedded fonts from files created on Windows limits the cross-platform interoperability. Interestingly, the iPad version of Powerpoint now seems to support display of embedded fonts.

Please allow me to embed fonts. I prepare presentations on OS X to be shown on Windows OS. It's a pain to have to copy and install fonts on the other machine.

• Jeffrey FelmusJeffrey Felmus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In disbelief! This is astonishing to discover that Microsoft does not support this for the Mac. Why do Mac users continue to get the shaft from MS? Most designers work on Macs and their clients most often work on PC's. As a designer who creates presentations for clients, I must embed fonts so that my PC based clients can receive my work so that looks they way I have designed it. Microsoft is either thoughtless or fundamentally ignorant to a significant portion of their customer base.

100% agree. As a teacher, I use Powerpoint every day. The only thing that annoys me is I could not embed fonts. The display changes between my mac and school computers (windows system).

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft want us to pay our Office subscriptions for their service on our Macs but are offering a huge limit to the value of their product. Either sort the issue about allowing fonts to be embedded in PowerPoint or reduce the fees!

I'll have to move away from Powerpoint as it's essential to be able to embed fonts when multiple users are involved! :(

Could not agree more! I'm fed up of having problemas with fonts all the time, just because I use OSX!

• Michael CutterMichael Cutter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still a thing?! Please fix it immediately. The whole point of powerpoints is being able to move them to a computer and present without having to mess around installing files etc. Make it as simple as possible so I can tell my presenters how to do it and not break our presentations.

This is a very important feature to maintain consistency in communication in todays world

• EvelynEvelyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are are quite some entries dealing with embedded fonts -- why can those not be handled as one entry, consolidating the votes? would make this thread much more manageable. I quick way of screening the ideas is impossible currently!

I agree wholeheartedly - we use a lot of custom fonts and not allowing them to be embedded is ... sigh. :-(

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base