How can we improve PowerPoint for Mac? Vote for an existing idea or share a new one.

EMBED FONTS

I want to throw my computer out the window every single time I have to create a powerpoint presentation and suddenly remember I can't embed fonts after I've spent hours perfecting my presentation using fonts that are specific to my computer. If this issue isn't fixed soon, I'm going to have to find an alternative to Powerpoint. This has been a major problem for me, and really the ONLY major problem I've run into after switching from a PC to a Mac.

784 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Heidi Knickerbocker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jenn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can this even be possible?
        I exported to PDF, converted each page a sa png and imported into powerpoint.
        Work around.

• Nelson Roque commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is much-needed, not only for branding purposes, but for a consistent user experience. Please help Microsoft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So so SO frustrating, why would think this is not an essential requirement in this day and age Microsoft? Absolutely ridiculous, especially as teams are generally becoming more cross-platform and multinational. It undermines the experience for all users, not just Mac users. Please fix asap and become the forward-thinking business you should be! Very disappointing that we are having to ask for this.

I do not want to make another company branded presentation using Arial or Calibri. This is 2017. This is ridiculous.

It is very frustrating. I create editable resources but can't use any cute fonts. I'm currently looking for options other than Powerpoint. Does anyone have something that works for them?

Hard to believe, in 2017, that I'm still wondering if Microsoft will ever allow embedded fonts in word for Mac. So stupid. Just gave a presentation in which the letters were all jumbled. Thanks MS.

I need to embed fonts in PPT for my clients as almost every designer I work on a mac...

• Johan van den Akker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Font embedding should work two ways. Currently, the inability to display embedded fonts from files created on Windows limits the cross-platform interoperability. Interestingly, the iPad version of Powerpoint now seems to support display of embedded fonts.

Please allow me to embed fonts. I prepare presentations on OS X to be shown on Windows OS. It's a pain to have to copy and install fonts on the other machine.

• Jeffrey Felmus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In disbelief! This is astonishing to discover that Microsoft does not support this for the Mac. Why do Mac users continue to get the shaft from MS? Most designers work on Macs and their clients most often work on PC's. As a designer who creates presentations for clients, I must embed fonts so that my PC based clients can receive my work so that looks they way I have designed it. Microsoft is either thoughtless or fundamentally ignorant to a significant portion of their customer base.

100% agree. As a teacher, I use Powerpoint every day. The only thing that annoys me is I could not embed fonts. The display changes between my mac and school computers (windows system).

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft want us to pay our Office subscriptions for their service on our Macs but are offering a huge limit to the value of their product. Either sort the issue about allowing fonts to be embedded in PowerPoint or reduce the fees!

I'll have to move away from Powerpoint as it's essential to be able to embed fonts when multiple users are involved! :(

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base